ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

locked up

1.2 2004 Clio
hi there i have a clio 2000 1.4 sport and the doors lock ok on the remote key but wont open i have to open it using the key any one have any ideas ive replaced the battery and have 2 remotes and tried both of them still doesnt open using the remote any ideas :dapprove:

please help thanks in advance

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Most likely cause is the UCH is fried i'm afraid.

I've had a couple of these recently where the UCH has gotten wet and its taken out the central locking relays and the PCB tracks. If it were one of my cars I'd whack it on the clip and see if the UCH is detecting and attepmting to "switch" or "drive" the locks. If it is then the relays are shot and i'd pull hte UCH from the dash for a visual confirmation that the PCB has fried due to water ingres. If its not attempting to drive it then a wiring/switch fault is most likely the cause and further diagnosis and ripping to pieces of your car and trim is required.

An 'N3' UCH currectly retails at around £220+VAT then it will need configuring for which a dealer will charge you around another £96.

Mick

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I bet your UCH, when pulled from the car, ends up looking like this:

IMG-20110701-00056.jpg

IMG-20110701-00055.jpg

Mk5 golf gti
dam is there any cheap alternative way of fixing this ?

i imagine with them needing configuring you cant just remove one from another car i.e the scrappy

presume you would just have to pay dealer price

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Not really no - Be prepared to shell out £380

I tested the UCH relay responsible for the unlocking on the above unit and found it to be buggered so it was replaced with a new part along with any obvious damage to the PCB tracks which was repaired and the board reflowed... this didn't work though and there was obviously other unseen component damage elsewhere.

Mick

1.2 2004 Clio
is there no way of cleaning the UCH with electrical solvent as i see in them pictures it looks badly corroded or is there any thing else that i could to as the car isnt worth very much and dont want to go spending loads of money on it if you know what i mean

ph1 172
You could go down the route of getting a second hand UCH/ignition barrel and ECU and key,it may work out cheaper than dealer prices.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
is there no way of cleaning the UCH with electrical solvent as i see in them pictures it looks badly corroded or is there any thing else that i could to as the car isnt worth very much and dont want to go spending loads of money on it if you know what i mean

If you look closley you can see where the printed tracks have burnt out... if there's a cleaning product that can repair that then let me know about it.

1.2 2004 Clio
ohh yea suppose do you reckon if i get one out of a scrap yard and get it reprogrammed it will continue to work what im trying to say is there any way from preventing the UCH from corroding or burning ?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Keep your drain points clean, ensure the windscreen doesn't leak and don't feed it after midnight. Apart from that there's not much you can do really other than ensure the inside area isn't getting wet. I've got a Billabong coming in today with what I suspect is more UCH joy as the girl said on the phone "It makes lots of fast clicking noises from the passenger seat" :rolleyes:

I don't know of anyone that offers Clio II UCH reprogramming i'm afraid.

I have clicking from the passenger side when i use anything electric such as the wipers. My central locking is also very tempramental from the key. Is this the same fix or is there any easier fix?