ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking doors....

172 Ph2 Flamer
Well car has been at renault for a week for immobiliers problem
all fixed but now when i drive off the doors lock automatically
which they never did before is this normal? and they put it right
or has it always ment to lock ?

Thanks

Abarth 500 Essesse
Its the R.A.I.D (Renault Anti Intruer Device IIRC), if you want to turn it off or on then with the key in the ignition turned on (with engine not running) lock it and unlock it twice with the locking button and it will disable it.

Audi S1
Ooo i had this on my vtr... i find this feature good...due to when im in traffic in rough areas my iphone is on show charging... and due to the noise from the car ppl tend to look at the driver, any one could look and see what i have on show and open the door... although i would break there fingers and re-act the snatch scene

172 A Cupwork Orange™
How do you turn it back on? mine stopped working, and wonder if i have disabled it by accident lol

172 A Cupwork Orange™
so key in the ignition turned on (with engine not running) press and hold alarm button untill it beeps twice?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
lmfao!
i had my car for 3 years and i know the clios had this device i just thought
mines was broken because it worked when you pressed the dash button
but not when you drove away.
im such a loser only if i knew before. :)

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Snap....my 182 doesn't lock itself either - but I normally lock it using the dash button. Going to be trying to turn this on when I get home from work tonight!

I only found this out when reading the manual on the 250 mile drive home after buying the car (the other half drove for 100miles)

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
always wondered if i were to crash what would happen? as the door can't be opened from the outside.....

What happens, if I have this feature activated...... also my alarm auto locks my doors when ignition is turned on.

Are they unlocked? Or double Locked??:)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
always wondered if i were to crash what would happen? as the door can't be opened from the outside.....

Smash the window.

Let's face it, if you need someone to open the door from the outside following a crash you're going to be so f***ed up that it won't matter even slightly if they put the window through and open the door using the inside door handle.