ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking nut for PMS stud kit??

Has anyone looked into this and found anything?

Probably not needed but I'd like to have a locking nut on my wheels if possible. Only issue is I have the PMS stud and nut kit.

I did look into it before with no success.

Now I've had a thought about using a Honda stud and locking nut on one of the fixings on each wheel, does anyone know if this will work?
Hondas have them as standard I believe.

Matching thread pattern? Anyone tried before?

Cheers

172 Ph1
I have a locking nut on my studs - you'll need to cut the length of the stud down as its a covered nut as such .

Yes Honda do have them as standard -BUT it is the wrong shank angle , Renault is 60degree shank - that Honda one is Rounded

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415370923.390440.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415370937.216618.jpg

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Check out the item number on eBay wouldn't something like this do for you. Wouldn't have to cut down either.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
It should do as the socket is a deep socket and the nut is quite long. Have a better look around mate that was the first set I come across so I'm sure there will be others.

Check out the item number on eBay wouldn't something like this do for you. Wouldn't have to cut down either.

@Carbonraider - that's a good call , only issue I can see is if studs were to long , socket would bottom out if nut needed more twisting down stud .

Are they the right pitch angle and thread pattern? If so might be worth a try. Could always get a slightly bigger spacer if the stud thread was too long for the tool.

Or drill the top in the tool so it passes over the stud?

Sweet cheers.
I've emailed them and asked for the strength grade. If they are decent enough then I'll give them a go.
Only really for when I'm parked up and the car is left for long periods. Not for use when on track.

turbo 182
Sweet cheers.
I've emailed them and asked for the strength grade. If they are decent enough then I'll give them a go.
Only really for when I'm parked up and the car is left for long periods. Not for use when on track.
Did you order these mate? And did they fit ok?

turbo 182
Ok if
I didn't order the ones above. I've just got another type. But haven't tried them yet. Will need to trim down the stud as the socket for the locking nut has a closed end.
if they fit will you let me know and send me details please as I'm after some

172 Ph1
I have a locking nut on my studs - you'll need to cut the length of the stud down as its a covered nut as such .

View attachment 116547

View attachment 116548

I didn't order the ones above. I've just got another type. But haven't tried them yet. Will need to trim down the stud as the socket for the locking nut has a closed end.

So you now have the same idea as my set-up ?
From memory the wheel stud length was approx 80mm
but dont forget i am running 20mm spacers also

So you now have the same idea as my set-up ?
From memory the wheel stud length was approx 80mm
but dont forget i am running 20mm spacers also

That's right buddy. Realised I'm never going to find an open ended locking nut key. So just going to trip down one of my studs whilst it's on the car and do so until the socket fits over the nut.

Do people even still steal wheels off cars? (apart from Bentleys etc)

For the sake of a few quid! Better than having your £400+ wheels knicked and then be left with a car in its arse

Yeah for the sake of £20 and a bit of cutting. Saves me worrying about it.