ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

locking nut

Renault clio 182
hi i bought my clio 182 about 4 months ago and havent ever had to take my wheels off but i need new brake pads and tyres now but can find my alloy wheel locking nut to take them, off were would i find itr and what dose it look like ive looked ever were i think hope the last owner gave it to me ( can any 1 help)

maybe in the tyre well?

you can get them off with a smaller size socket but wacking it on with a hammer,
can break the socket though.

Clown Car
The locking nut tool is usually in a small plastic box with the 4 non locking bolts that were removed, have a good look around the car especially under the passenger seat, if you can not find the plastic box then pull out all the tools from the tool roll strapped in the boot o/s to see if it is in there.

Da

Less
The code for a replacement locking nut key is in your owners manual, on the same page as the radio code etc.

Order one from your dealer with the code (I believe it starts FER) and it will take around 2 weeks to arrive as they are ordered from Italy.
The cost is circa £20 - £25 iirc.

Renault clio 182
The locking nut tool is usually in a small plastic box with the 4 non locking bolts that were removed, have a good look around the car especially under the passenger seat, if you can not find the plastic box then pull out all the tools from the tool roll strapped in the boot o/s to see if it is in there.

Found it :D i rung the guy i bought the car off and he told me were it was lol in a leather bag/pouch which i have never seen before under the passengers seat which means i can get my new tyres and brake disc's and brake pads tomorrow a cost of 389 pounds :S oh well thx guys