ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking Wheel Nut Key

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Yep, another locking wheel nut thread :rasp:

My key is worn/chewed and I need to replace the tyres very soon. The Renault dealership I was in today said there should be a code in the box with spare wheel nuts, however it isn't there. It was also suggested in another thread that it should be in my owners manual, but it isn't. I'm not convinced my dealership ever gave me the wheel nut code. I notice on the key itself "B" is stamped on the back. That wouldn't be the code would it?

Clio 16V mk1 ph2
Doubt it, but wouldn't hurt to ask. Will it definitely not grip? We get loads in at work and just gotta do it with a shallow socket and be careful, then all ya gotta do is buy a cheap £10 locking nut set...your choice tho. Could screw the loackers up completely.
In all fairness, the dealers should have some sort of "matalogue" that'd tell you what lockers should be fitted. They should've been more helpful to you than just saying the code will be in the box!! How annoying.

Da

Less
code begins FER then 3/4 digits, I can't remember exactly. It should be on the sticker inside your owners manual with the radio code etc.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I have a radio code on the inside of my "maintenance and service" book, but I can't see a wheel code anywhere :S The car was not originally supplied with all of the hand books and the dealer sent them out to me a couple of weeks later, which suggests to me they had lost the originals. I think I'm going to have to remove the locking nuts by force and replace them with normal nuts temporarily so I can get my new tyres on.