ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Locking wheel nuts

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

So far Ive picked up what I need to look out for when taking delivery of my Cup in September (soooo long to wait!)...missing splitter, "Cup 172" badges, tool-kit, tyre foam. Is there anything else that Renault forget on a regular basis?

Also, looking through the brochure, theres no mention of it coming with locking wheel nuts. Do I need to buy a set myself?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

No covers on the Speedline Turinis on the Cup. From the pictures Ive seen it doesnt look like any of the bolts are "different" which would suggest one of them locked...

My 172 came with Renault locking wheel nuts already fitted, with the spare standard nuts in a box in the boot along with two keys for the locking nuts.

Hadnt asked for them and was surprised when I found them as they look the same as McGard nuts which are supposed to be quite good.

Dunno if the dealer fitted them or if they were done at the factory.

Renaultsport Clio 182

Mine came with the locking wheel nuts on the wheels and the std nuts in the case, also had two keys aswell for the locking nuts.

They look like the McGard ones aswell so i think they should come as std from the dealer!