ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LOGAN K4M 1.6 16v - Race Camshafts

LOGAN 1.6 16v
Hi all...
I am Amin form Iran & Glad to find a forum like here.
I have a Renault LOGAN 1.6 16v with K4M engine (105 hp)
Where I live, there is not many ways to tune and sport (performance tunning) LOGAN, but i decide to find a way to make my car better, after many searches to fine a way that possible, I decide to modify my Camshafts. at first I should to find a very important information about Race Camshafts and also the first way to find it, is to Google it ...so I found here.
ok, I need the whole information to modify a standard Camshafts for Racing... I mean not Racing but close to Racing, I want to make my car better... I can just modify my Camshafts and if any more changes need please tell me because maybe I couldnt do it! (because of here and what we have over here)
so, I want to help me for this project and hope you forgive me for my too bad English.

thank you all...

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
You can buy various upgraded cam profiles. Catcams do a few for the K4M.

I wouldn't modify the standard cams

LOGAN 1.6 16v
You can buy various upgraded cam profiles. Catcams do a few for the K4M.

I wouldn't modify the standard cams
Thank you, but can you suggest me something like a link, web page, i don't know, anything can help me.I have not enough info about it! please...

Renault Symbol
Thank you, but can you suggest me something like a link, web page, i don't know, anything can help me.I have not enough info about it! please...

Hello, I have same engine, also in the process to modify it and will get my CAT CAMS from Here:

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4354

Or Here:
http://www.engine-dynamics.com/epages/es118981.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es118981_shop/Categories

Look arround, here is another VERY NICE Logan:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?590376-Dacia-Logan-Turbo-Project

Also keep an eye into my project:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?639198-Nissan-Platina-Renault-Symbol-or-Clio-Sedan

Regards

LOGAN 1.6 16v

I don't know how to appreciate, Thanks, if I modify my Camshafts like http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=4354 , is there any changes needed more?
and be sure that I am following your project.
Thank you again.

LOGAN 1.6 16v
If you change Your cams or modify yours, You will need to re-map Your ECU and improve/change your intake.
Intake changed and is like yours, but ramaping the ECU make my job hard! I think nobody in Iran could remap it! is there any information about where shoud i remap? i mean where of ECU? and remaping to what?
Thanks

Renault Symbol
Intake changed and is like yours, but ramaping the ECU make my job hard! I think nobody in Iran could remap it! is there any information about where shoud i remap? i mean where of ECU? and remaping to what?
Thanks
The remap should be done according with the mods You have, not the same to remap for CAI & Exhaust than a remap for cams, CAI, Exhaust, intake, etc.
There is some pleaces qhere You could get a remaped ECU, check KTR

Clio 172 ph2
Thanks
JH3-060 is on the logan sedan ,but only if the car is a sedan.If the car is a MCV , the box will be JR5 with the cable gear linkage selector and hydraulic clutch.
Also it does matter if the car is a Dacia Logan or Renault Logan or Mahindra Logan,because some of the cars made for export already have cable gear linkage,although they are a sedan.
But if the box you say it is a JH3... then JH3-060 will probably be.
For the remap you can talk to Henk at www.fastchip.nl the RStuner can maybe be used to tune the Logan.

LOGAN 1.6 16v
The remap should be done according with the mods You have, not the same to remap for CAI & Exhaust than a remap for cams, CAI, Exhaust, intake, etc.
There is some pleaces qhere You could get a remaped ECU, check KTR

JH3-060 is on the logan sedan ,but only if the car is a sedan.If the car is a MCV , the box will be JR5 with the cable gear linkage selector and hydraulic clutch.
Also it does matter if the car is a Dacia Logan or Renault Logan or Mahindra Logan,because some of the cars made for export already have cable gear linkage,although they are a sedan.
But if the box you say it is a JH3... then JH3-060 will probably be.
For the remap you can talk to Henk at www.fastchip.nl the RStuner can maybe be used to tune the Logan.

Thanks alot... I don't know how to appreciate ... Thanks too many!

Dacia logan
Hi matt.I'm pouria T in tuningtalk.com ;)
you can use piggyback or standalone ECU instead of remaping the stoke ECU but it is more expensive!