ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loki did it again !!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
young drivers + fast cars = this thread. imo. hence crippling insurance costs.

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
^^ Cliché!

crippling insurance costs are from crap drivers, young old, inexperienced, even some experienced ones.

EP3 Civic Type R
I personally think that is stereotypical and unfair.

I had a Nova Gsi at 17, payed for by myself, it meant the world to me and wouldn't of ever dared crash it or drive like an idiot!

Got the valver at 18 and am nearing 20... and still haven't had a bump. Why? Because I no my limits and don't drive like a complete fool. It's all about self control...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its true, my 1.2 goes more than fast enough to lose it at silly speeds on a corner. its all down to how you drive age and experiance doesnt always matter.

because of the milage my cars worth fuk all really and i know that if i write it off im never going to be able to afford anything half as good as it so like Mish_16v says it makes you think about what your doing

Loony said:
After witnessing him "drive" at one of the mids meets i cant say im surprised. I guess the main thing is he didnt kill himself or anyone else.
Saved me typing...

Nice guy, hope he learns something from all this.

williams and trophy
unlucky about the williams.....shame to see em go to waste.

if this is the 2nd....id take some driving lessons before an advanced test tbh...or get a car that tops out at 70....

my mate posted that he got done for speeding n got banned....the thread got banned too .....no 1 was hurt in the speeding incident....yet u condone and sympathise with this??

williams and trophy

if this is the 2nd....id take some driving lessons before an advanced test tbh...or get a car that tops out at 70....

my mate posted that he got done for speeding n got banned....the thread got banned too .....no 1 was hurt in the speeding incident, he was slated to fuk n banned from posting....yet u condone and sympathise with this??

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Seems like quite a crash, glad to hear that you made!!
It is a shame about the car, but thats not the most important, i hope you get well soon!!!!

Golf GTD
glad you made it out ok, had a similar smash in my old 306 that i was lucky to walk away from. Car ended up in the same kinda state.

Makes you think a little, I still have to have the odd thrash though, just to get it out of my system, but i always remember the accident. So accidents aren't always bad things. They are one of the best, and certainly easiest to lear, lessons in my opinion.

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
hiya guys cant sleep that well cant see that well but here goes

that crash happened in a 60 on a sweeping bend i was doing 50 because i thought there would be ice as it was patchey and i didnt wanna risk it too much but the car still slipped i managed to get it back once but it kicked again and then i was in it for the ride all i remember is goin majour sideways and then a bang but from what ive been told (by a guy from work who was folowing me at the time) first i hit a small kerb then 2 concereet posts and rolled into a ditch about 9ft deep when i came to i had bloodi n my eyes to i couldnt see and i also had fuel all over me i heard voices then i heard 1 guy say he was a paramedic and i better get out because the car was gonna tip over again so he directed me to the back and out the boot but i cant remember acctualy getting out next thing i remember is waking in the ambulance and he put me on a spinal board and full neck and head brace

i was told later on that night that the only reason i survived was cuz of 2 reasons firstly because i drive round with a gangsta lean on my driver seat and secondly because the seat broke in half all i can say is driving like i was in a deckcharir saved my life

a few of my friends have been round and they both said i was a lucky b*****d which i know i am one of them said he was beging to think i was indestructible wich made me laugh but i always have had a way off not noticing pain all that well and not caring bout cuts and gashes that much so i guess being a bit crazy has helped me stay positive and just take this as a minor set back

at the moment i feel not too bad just in a little pain here and there. the advice i give is
1) dont drive over 40mph on ice if that
2) dont go home a way you dont know in these conditions
3) try not to hit concreet posts and land in a ditch it aint fun

that for all your responces positive or negative

cheers Dan

Last edited:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Nasty. Unfortunately it often takes something like this to slow people down - glad ur ok though

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
at the moment my passion for cars is at 0 but give me a week or 2 and it'll be back up to 100% defonatly gonna be thinking safty when i buy my next car even though most cars would have done along the same lines of damge in that situation but makes you think though. 4 star euro ncap atleast probly a 1.4 1.6 duno what yet though cant be arsed at the moment

Chocolate Bar™
get well soon mate, its times like these it really hits home the importance of driving safely

Clio
unlucky mate but ive gotta say you were asking for it

im glad your ok and i hope this bash has finaly learned you

the reason im pissed off mate is because when you ran into the back of me i didnt claim to keep your insurace from going up and you killed your chance of ever getting insured so i may aswel have claimed agaist you

SC 172 FF
hope ur ok loki!.....

get another clio so we can still see u at sum more meets in the futer!

get well anyway m8!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
2 live said:

my mate posted that he got done for speeding n got banned....the thread got banned too .....no 1 was hurt in the speeding incident, he was slated to fuk n banned from posting....yet u condone and sympathise with this??

Slight difference from someone doing 136mph and getting banned to someone not speeding and nearly dying.

williams and trophy
Clart said:
Slight difference from someone doing 136mph and getting banned to someone not speeding and nearly dying.

yeah fukkin big diffrence between someone having complete control over the car they driving, on an empty motorway at 3 am.....and someone not havin control/skill to control the car in a serious situation....crashing writing their car off and almost killing themselves and could easily have involved others

iv not met the guy, he is very lucky, but from wot iv read he was an accident waiting to happen...whereas adi cud handle his cars.... and drove accordingly.

btw loki...wot was ur mate from work driving? if u hit it at 50 in a williams and caused that much damage, he obviously wasnt travellin much slower yet he got round, maybe the car u want is wot he was driving.

Scenic mk1 (F3R)
2 live said:
yeah fukkin big diffrence between someone having complete control over the car they driving, on an empty motorway at 3 am.....and someone not havin control/skill to control the car in a serious situation....crashing writing their car off and almost killing themselves and could easily have involved others

iv not met the guy, he is very lucky, but from wot iv read he was an accident waiting to happen...whereas adi cud handle his cars.... and drove accordingly.

btw loki...wot was ur mate from work driving? if u hit it at 50 in a williams and caused that much damage, he obviously wasnt travellin much slower yet he got round, maybe the car u want is wot he was driving.
nissan micra current shape with skinny tyres on it gotta remember the wider you tyres are the worse they are in ice better to have skinny's in ice where as in the dry wider is better or somthing along those lines

Pikey Truck
BenR said:
attachment.jpg

HEY YOUUUU GUYYYYYSSSS!!!!

Just imagine yourself in his position!!!!

Dan - Hope you get well soon bud!!

no, don't buy another Williams... they deserve better drivers. maybe quick car's are not for him.

glad your okay and didn't kill anyone else though, that's the main thing

Ph1 172 / Ph1 Valver
Nasty. I was wondering where your head was when that roof came in - very, very lucky you drive lying down and no one else was involved. You can still have plenty of fun in a 1.4 or 1.6 and will give plenty of time to get really good at driving. You've got another 40 years of driving ahead of you dude - don't rush and spoil it.

Don't think dropping your speed to 10mph under the limit is a quite enough when it's icy but I'm sure you've learned that now. I used to have a badass wideboy mini - 10" wheels, 7.5" wide. That was bad in the wet and impossible on ice.

Get yourself something small for the road and go get karting on the weekends!!!!!! :D That'd put a grin on your face.

Hope you get better soon :)

SC 172 FF
Loki said:
the wider you tyres are the worse they are in ice better to have skinny's in ice where as in the dry wider is better or somthing along those lines

that cant be right can it :S

Yes, look at rally cars on snow they have skinny tyres not wide ones. you're spreading load over a greater area with a wide tyre so on slippy surfaces,ice,snow narrrower ones can be better as greater pressure is applied.

It is - the narrow tyres cut through the snow or ice, whereas wide tyres have more area and struggle more to cut through to the road.

That's why ice racers that you see have super-skinny tyres with studs on!

edit: beaten to it by loony with his techy answer LoL

Alright Wilko!

I'll have to pop round over the weekend again! How's the recovery? I showed Dawn the picture of your injurys, she said you look like a pirate with that black eye and head bandage.

PS - In his defense. It happened in a village called Severn Stoke. I use that road on a daily basis and it is a very nasty set of corners! Let alone in icy conditions!