ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lolvo Project

A ANIMAL
Well as always i've decided the Volvo can't stay as it currently stands, and i will have to modify it.

here is what i am aiming for:

9Gzaw.jpg

I'm picking up the wheels and tyres this weekend - for those interested they are the standard from the C70.

I am also getting the updated grill this weekend

I have ordered Some Blitzen dampers with IPD springs (which is what the car above is on). I haven't opted for coilovers, as the only decent sets are £1000 + and i can't justify the outlay on a £900 car

The car above has the S70R bumper - which is nice but they are fcking rare and very expensive. Instead i have opted for a C70 Bumber and will add a splitter of somekind - but havent settled on one just yet

i will also be getting clear glass to replace the patterned glass on there currently.

Mechanically the options are pretty limited. Mine is the 2.5 LPT (low pressure turbo) engine - which runs a higher engine compression but lower turbo boost than the T5's, and while apparently reliable to around 300bhp on an auto box (which mine is) no one has really proven it, and i don't have the need for speed to kill my engine trying.

Its currently running a RICA re-map but i don't really like it if i'm honest, it ruins the power delivery at lowers speeds and chucks all the bosst at it at once.

I'll be aiming for around 260-280 bhp which should be pretty simples.

Heres where it started:

IMG_0640.png

IMG_0636.png

I'll update as i go :)

Za**** & Xr250R
Very nice got a soft spot for these super comfy and quick = win. I had a 850R estate years ago I regularly browse the internet looking for another decent one.

A ANIMAL
Dad had the t5 v70 and t5 c70. Fantastic engine, f**king awful auto boxes.

I don't mind the slush box too much tbh, its not great for getting "on it" but then again, its a f**king 2 ton car. The kick down is retty sharp and tbh the engines got enough torque that it doesn't really matter what gear your in.

i'm more of a cruiser than a b road hero these days, the trophy scrathed my itch for the b roads. Cruising is where its at these days.

Pearl Black 172
Thought my love for volvo's was coupled with me getting old but maybe not...
The black one looks awesome, Will be keeping an eye on this

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I do like volvo's, great vfm.

Any plans to paint it a non-gay colour? At the moment it looks like something Graham Norton would drive around in.

Depends on how many turbos you have IIRC.

Often wondered about this. If you have twin turbos feeding a single bank of cylinders, do you add the boost together from each charger? I would have thought that total pressure at the manifold is key? So 20psi between two turbos, or 20psi from a single turbo is the same? I realise it's obviously not this simple. For starters I would think that each turbo is designed to spool pressure at different rpm in a twin turbo system?

The boost level will be what's at the manifold. 20psi from a single or a twin will never be the same really even on the same engine, they're different turbos so different characteristics/power bands/figures etc.

Regards twin turbos, it depends if they're sequential or non sequential. The triangle engine is sequential, so full boost from very low down, horrendous switchover flat spot, full boost to redline pretty much.