ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

long Journeys in an RS clio

Ph1 172.
Very easy, just tell the TomTom to avoid toll roads - thats what we always do. Some truly beautiful scenery!! Done about 12k over the space of 4 summers ...

Cheers, I shall tell it to avoid all toll roads. It should be epic, even my girlfriend is looking forward to the journey there and back.

Clio 1.5dci
You've inspired me.. my girlfriend has a chalet in Switzerland, it's only 500 miles drive. I think next time we go, i'll drive!

Need to work out costs.

Another vote for just doing it! We did 2200 miles round the Alps in a week including doing 530 miles to get to the Ring with no stops except to catch the ferry :)

I'm going up to Scotland in May which will be another 1500 miles or so and possibly to the Nurburgring again for an overnight trip (must be mad!)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
I drove to Paris and back in my 172cup with loud exhaust, there was a quiet point at 100 so kept it there. Lol drove back at 4am and did 130 for 90% of the time and just changed drivers my bro and I was seeing things, lol on the hard shoulder. They eat the miles, check oil and abit more psi in the tyres any you'll be reet.

Clio 182
Hi all,

Decided i'm gonna be a little spontaneous seeing as i'm currently unemployed, and tempted to to drive to the alps to spend a week with the other half.

Its a 1400 mile round trip :eek:

Has anyone else ever done anything of this sort of distance before? anything i need to look out for, provision for?

Its gonna be about a 10 hour trip so will do it in 4 stints with a half hour break after 2 and a half hours each time or something. Leaving early AM

May even do a mini photo diary too!
Mate i drove 5000 miles through france, and italy last summer, it was the best experience ive ever had!

Alpine GTA Turbo+182
Go for it! I did a drive down to Italy, Lake Maggiore 3 years ago in the Alpine - apart from losing boost when it got hot and bothered it was brill. And that car is 22 years old. I would take the 182 myself, despite the advancing years - but this years epic trip is from Kent to Guernsey by boat. Always wanted to do that and the fuel is 47p /lt as oppopsed to £1.10 here. No big deal? Well it takes 1600 lt to fill and I will use 500lt just getting back! But at least I will have 1000 at the cheapo rate for the rest of the season. Clios expensive to run? Huh! Try a boat at 1 - 2 mpg!