ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Longer gear stick

106 GTI
What options do I have for extending my gear stick? Not really after a short shifter but at the same time i dont want an increased shift length

172 Cup & Clio dci Van
been down the pub ???

why would you wantto extend it? if you extend it ou are going to increase your gear shift throw unless you hold your gearstick like you hold a ..........calippo ice lolly?

Ph1
^^^PMSL

As above. On a stock throw theres going to be too much travel. Quick shift into 5th and you could catch your chin :eek:

106 GTI
I thought it was the case, with me being a short arse im sat quite close to the wheel but id prefer to be further back but then wont be able to put it in 1st lol

rps13
I think Quaife make a nylon gear knob extension mate, I think the lift up reverse might be difficult to work around though.

Let me know if you find anything good.

I was thinking short throw with quaife extension should be an awesome compromise between throw and height.

M

mini-valver

You could cut it in half and weld it further back with a rod to connect the 2 halfs if you want to sit further back. WIll look s**t though,lol.

Or, make the linkage longer underneath and mount the whole lever assembly further back.