ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

look what i hit tonight!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
dont worry it wasnt a wall i hit....

image003rz8.jpg

still feels brand new, infact feels much better than our 05 plate 1.2 16v clio lol

f**k me. 130k on an 03?! Is that business miles mostly or pleasure? I'm on a 53 plate (it was registered 3 years ago this month) and just went over 24k. I was expecting the service light to go on but it never did!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
martins car is his mums old motor, shes a driving instructor. its not an 03 plate but a 52 plate i think. even so its some going to clock them miles up. although martin piles about 2k a month on it iirc lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its a 2002 02 Plate, just changed the plugs, oil and filter and cleaned the air filter and replaced the burst cold air feed pipe and it seems to have most of its power back, blowing exhaust not helping tho!

only problem i have with it now is having to fill the oil up every month and coolant every week :( but apart from that feels brilliant now

1998 1.2 8v mk2 clio
my 1998 T reg 1.2 8v has done 34k hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe 10k iv put on myself in the past 8month
DSC00194.gif

cool .................. doing well then , amazed really but i've never had a car with more than 40k miles before its gone .

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
mine done 110k in the first 3 years and ive put 20k on it in 8 months and they 20k have been hard hard miles of constant hammering and it just takes it like a man lol

its a 2002 02 Plate, just changed the plugs, oil and filter and cleaned the air filter and replaced the burst cold air feed pipe and it seems to have most of its power back, blowing exhaust not helping tho!

only problem i have with it now is having to fill the oil up every month and coolant every week :( but apart from that feels brilliant now

My exhaust is blowing like a slut can't find where though, sounds like a wet fart! Got a years MOT on her though so not too much of a worry!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
my car clicked over to 19000 on friday, its an 04 plate! low as fook!

think your must be built well, my first clio was an 03 billabong, had done 40k when i got rid of it and it was about ready for the scrappy! luckily the dealer messed up by telling me it had full service history when it didnt, so after a good bollocking i made £800 on that car, and got one a year newer with 25k less and hadnt been hammered!

sometimes its a good thing renault are thick as fook!!

glad to hear its running good, i dont think ill clock up that many miles in another 18 months but good to know if i do...!

f**k me. 130k on an 03?! Is that business miles mostly or pleasure? I'm on a 53 plate (it was registered 3 years ago this month) and just went over 24k. I was expecting the service light to go on but it never did!
SERV light only comes on when there a problem.

Just gone over 80k myself n a 52 plate so 130k isn't that high on a 52 plate I've seen over a year ago another forum members car with over 80k on it its on 110k at the moment I think and he'd owned it all the time and it was all personaly milage.

SERV light only comes on when there a problem.
So there's nowhere that actually indicates when you need a service? How gay.

CB600FS
possible head gasket failure.

coolant and oil isnt mixing. oil seems to be coming from rocker cover gasket, not sure where coolants going, might get myself a gasket kit for it and change them all just not really got the time

Martin your nearing your second cambelt when some people with older ones haven't got there first one done yet lol

Did you have the waterpump done last time you got the belt changed? as this can leak - given your mileage.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
couldnt tell you if waterpump was done or not mate, but thats a good suggestion will take a closer look tomorrow.

R20 CWH, not sure yet, need to have a good look and see if its just the water pump and gaskets needing done, still fancy this fancy rebuild to do something different but its not really worth it in reality.

couldnt tell you if waterpump was done or not mate, but thats a good suggestion will take a closer look tomorrow.

R20 CWH, not sure yet, need to have a good look and see if its just the water pump and gaskets needing done, still fancy this fancy rebuild to do something different but its not really worth it in reality.

When I had my cambelt changed over the summer the water pump on mine showed signs of leakage so had that changed and that was 5yrs old /50k. Set me back about £100 fitted so i probably got ripped off!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
tbh there is signs of leaking around the waterpump and always thought it was that, just kinda gave up.

how much am i looking at for a cambelt and waterpump change, its to cold to do it myself at this time of year but ill do it myself if its going to cost a lot