ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking at a car - HPI Check Issues

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys,

Looking at a car and just had it HPI'ed. The following problems were found...

Firstly, it is a Clio Trophy, yet the engine size is apparently: Engine size cc 1595

This is probably just an error on some database somewhere, so that is not massively important.

The following however, worries me:

Interest registered against a previous plate

The current plate was transferred to this vehicle on 23/08/2011
***** was applied to this vehicle on 15/09/2005
This VRM has been recorded as having an outstanding finance agreement
An outstanding finance agreement was recorded on 17/09/2011 against a *car of some description*

I have removed details which may point as to who this car belongs to, hence the "*'s".

Thoughts?

Clio RS200 FF
The plate issue sound like a cherished transfer (private plate). I'd say that who ever had the car in the past put their plate on it and when they sold the car (bought a new one) the plate was transfered so when they took finance out on the new car it was recorded against the plate that they have transfered. Hope that makes sense.

BMW M135i
As long as there isn't anything against the VIN you should be ok but the finance companies details should be on the HPI so give them a ring to confirm.

Clio sport 182
I have a similar thing on my regarding a previous plate, use to be a private plate on my clio that was on a car before that the owner wrote off and because of that it came across as a possible v car on mine.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I had a few problems 3/4 weeks ago with HPI checks on my trophy.

The milage was out but thousands and once again it had a private plate on it.

The plate was on a 172 that was crashed and then it was popped on the Trophy so when doing a HPI check it looks like the trophy has been written off.

I spoke to DVLA as well as the NMR and sent them all the details they needed it was sorted BUT no matter what plate the car goes on it will always say it was written off and its just unfair that when you look at the HPI it says a clio so it will automatically look like it was the Trophy when it was not.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Yup, thats what im worrying about if i did decide to sell mine, hard to conivnce the person trying to buy it

If you read it a couple of times and look, it does make sense.
It took me a few looks to actually understand it after i spoke to HPI and NMR.

I have also been told that its very common with private plates as there is so many of them