ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking at an inferno that used to belong to someone on here

'03 1.4 16v
HN05 VCU, its for sale on ebay. Obviously I have emailed the seller about a concern I had, but I need to pick some brains on here regarding aux belts.
The advert states the aux belt was changed on 13/12/07, and they are due 5y/36k? What sort of cost is it to sort out? Is it a job that involves changing anything else like the cam belt, that was done in 2011?
Obviously I want to have an idea of what I should expect before bidding as I would rather not over pay or have an old aux belt go ping and take out the timing with it.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
If it's just an aux belt that needs to be changed, then that's by going to be expensive atall.
but I would assume the aux belt and cambelt had all been changed together.

'03 1.4 16v
Thanks for the feedback.

Haven't got time to view it before the auction ends though, the chap says he has had it 5 or 6 weeks and the engine light is on for the exhaust. The aux belt alone doesn't put me off, but i'm a bit skeptical about the light as it doesn't advertise a decat iirc. Not suggesting the guy isn't being honest, but if hes only had it a few weeks then there could be issues he doesn't know about at all, or in full.

Infernos don't come round often though, I could just bid on it tomorrow if it doesn't go high but if bidding goes up I will pass.

What would any of you guys do? I know its my money but i've not bought privately before.

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
It would depend what the fault code is for the exhaust, it may not be down to a decat, it could even be a faulty O2 sensor.

'03 1.4 16v
Indeed, I had a faulty sensor on my 1.4. Problem is, its an auction that ends today and there isn't opportunity to check it out in the flesh which is a shame.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the inpression the aux belt had to come off to change the cambelt so that would mean they have just reused the old auxbelt which isn't recommened, am I right?

Aux belt is 36k/ 3 years. Timing belt is 5 years 72k.

Water pump as required/requested.

For reference so the OP Has a rough idea of price, i do a full 36k service in aux kit for £265