ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New here, and also need some help.

Clio 182 2005
Hi there new here,

recently bought a 182 which started life as racing blue and around 6 yearsago was painted white

owned for three hours and I made a fatal shift from 4 to 1 as aposed to 5,,, dont ask how..
low and behold snapped the flywheel bolts off etc etc

we’ve since fitted a new engine and done the cambelt dephaser etc,

however the last steps to rebuilding it have brought us to the aux Belt, all run correctly, but the tensioner spring upon first startup has gouged a line into the belt.. we’ve checked and it’s the correct belt even tried the original belt before coming here, would the tensioner be so tired it would be that bad, or could something g obviously be wrong. I don’t want to have the car sat on my drive and ramp for another fuel days and spend about her £150 on a new tensioner soany help would be great

Kind regards jack

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Hi there new here,

recently bought a 182 which started life as racing blue and around 6 yearsago was painted white

owned for three hours and I made a fatal shift from 4 to 1 as aposed to 5,,, dont ask how..
low and behold snapped the flywheel bolts off etc etc

we’ve since fitted a new engine and done the cambelt dephaser etc,

however the last steps to rebuilding it have brought us to the aux Belt, all run correctly, but the tensioner spring upon first startup has gouged a line into the belt.. we’ve checked and it’s the correct belt even tried the original belt before coming here, would the tensioner be so tired it would be that bad, or could something g obviously be wrong. I don’t want to have the car sat on my drive and ramp for another fuel days and spend about her £150 on a new tensioner soany help would be great

Kind regards jack

I'm no mechanic but I do know that the tensioners aren't the strongest. I've gone through about 3 in the past couple of years.
New, genuine aux belt kit from RPD is £95.