ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

looking at buying a 172

HI PEEPS AT THE MOMENT I HAVE A CIVIC
VTI COUPE VETEC (170 BHP)T-REG WITH LOADS OF TYPE-R BITS "WHICH IS FOR SALE"
BUT I HAVE HAD A ENOUGH OF THE SCREAMING
VETEC AND WANT A LOVELY CLIO 172
CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT TO LOOK OUT FOR
AND HOW MUCH THE MK1 GO FOR.
ITS FUNNY I WORKED AT A RENAULT DEALERSHIP FOR 5YRS AND SEEN BOTH MK1&MK2 CLIOS COME OUT I CAN REMEMBER THE MK1 GOING FOR £15000
ANYWAY PLEASE LET ME KNOW ON ANY INFO YOU LOT MIGHT HAVE

wow strange that you are changing from the vetec to a 172... would of thought u would have went for the Civic type r or the teg type r ... If it is the mk1 clio u are looking for then you can get them for as low as £9000... u can look on www.autotrader.co.uk theres some on there for around the 10k mark.... why are u changing to the clio ..have u test drven one ??

Jock

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Dont buy a 172 they are rubbish, slow and they drop to bits! If you get one the value on mine will drop as they will be too common like the CTR!

Please dont but one!!!!!

Sorry Shorty i havent got anything too constructive say, apart from that you are doing the right thing changing from the vetec to a 172.

I went to a 172 from a Honda CRX Del Sol SIR 160 bhp, and i too got pig sick of revving the tits off it all of the time, now ive got the 172 the whole driving experience is a lot smoother and more enjoyable, although you dont get the noise of the vetec.

Kev

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INFO,
SOME MIXED FEELINGS FROM YOU LOT
BUT MORE COMMENTS AND THINGS TO LOOK OUT FOR WOULD BE GREAT AS I AM SERIOUS ABOUT BUYING A 172.
AS FOR THE INTEGRA TYPE-R I HAVE LOOKED
INTO BUYING ONE, BUT THEY ARE GROUP 18 INSURANCE AND GO FOR ABOUT £8500 BUT THEY ALL HAVE HIGH MILES AND SOME HAVE BEEN RACED TO DEATH
THE CLIO SEEMS TO BE A NICE LITTLE CAR
WITH GOOD POWER AND LOOKS, THE CIVIC I HAVE SOUNDS LIKE A RACE CAR AND RED LINES AT 9000RPM BUT I THINK MY BOY RACER DAYS ARE OVER.
THANKS TO ALL OF YOU WHO POSTED REPLYS
SHORTY