ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking at buying a 197

Focus RS
Hi guys, I've posted a few times in here before but never actually ended up getting a Clio.

Anyway, I'm currently looking at buying a 197 and looking for some advice.

I'm ideally looking for fully loaded (as much as possible), with at least the following:

- Post-2008 as I want the improved gear ratios as I use the dual-carriageway daily to work and can't be dealing with 4k at 70..

- Cup chassis - essential for me, coming from a Focus RS with coilovers, I need the best handling possible

- Recaros - I need some decent seats and something that'll hold me in place when pushing the car on track

- Sub-50k mileage - I want the car with mileage as low as possible really, but will look at cars with up to 50k.

That's about it for essentials to be honest.

Now, I've got my eye on a few cars (a couple of which are on here), but is there anything in particular that I should keep my eye out for?

Also, how comfortable are the Recaros on long journeys? Obviously they won't be as comfy as regular seats, but I'd like SOME comfort..

Thanks

Josh

clio 172 megane 265
I had a f1 ly for nearly a year it was perfect on long drives a bit under powered but
beautiful car to drive i would get one again

Clio 200
Cup chassis indispensable.
The Recaros likewise – for a seat which looks so thin and insubstantial, they are very comfortable, even on long journeys.
My '08 197 24K mileage car is just about to go, to make way for one of the very last 200s, but i've enjoyed it very much.
Hope you find what you're looking for!