ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking at purchasing a Clio 200

BMW 120D M Sport
Hello,

New to the forum and especially Clio's, Have not yet purchased a car but I am looking at getting one in the next couple of weeks to use as a track car (but road legal)

Knowing nothing about Clio's I firstly would like to know if buying a 200 for a track car is it worth getting a CUP or not? I have no idea what the differences are exactly but obviously whichever I buy I will be replacing the suspension, brakes and stripping the interior anyway.

Any pointers will be much appreciated!

Thanks
Scott

Welcome to the forum, the 200 is a cracking all round car .Just lacks a little bit of puff on the straights - but braking, speed in and out of corners they are superb
what sort of budget will you be looking at for car and modifications ?

Civic type r fk8
These can have gearbox problems, mine when cold was a pain to get into first gear.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Mk2's are cheaper track cars, but Mk3's are better all round.
Watch out for lower ball/spherical joints, gearbox syncro issues, noises from the rack and split manifold flexis.
All give off decent warnings that you can pick up on the test drive. Clunking from the front end over smaller, low speed bumps for the front end joints/bushes. Gearbox will be reluctant to engage or even crunch during changes if they're that worn. Exhaust with blow under load and silver weave on the flexis appear black if it's blowing. Other than a few issues, they're solid cars that can take a lot of track abuse.