ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Looking to get maxed everything on Virgin media ... wait for Tivo ?

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
50mm bb, full TV package etc. Didnt really want to wait around for months until its launched.

Is it worth the wait ? .. and anyone know a release date ?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Wait for TiVo. But don't expect a country-wide launch. They will likely do it region by region.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
VM Tivo is awesome. Have seen them first hand and really are wort the wait. think they will be quite expensive but a 1tb HDD and the ability to stream programs recorded on to others is brilliant

DMS

A thirsty 172
^ You can do that with the Samsung boxes if you're savvy.
The firmware is Linux based and the handy ethernet adapter on the back can be reconfigured to attach to any old ethernet network.

I haven't tried it with mine though. If I break it I'd be without TV and that can't happen.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Possible prices for TiVo. Not confirmed by Virgin, but the guy who posted these is usually very reliable.

Existing Customers
VIP= Free - Set-up fee £0 - Install fee £0 - Monthly fee waived on XL
XL TV/Triple = Free - Set-up fee £0 - Install fee £0 - Monthly fee waived for 12 months
Existing XL TV= Discounted - Set-up fee £149 - Install fee £40 - Monthly fee £3/pm

New Customers
(coming from competitor) Set-up fee £149 - Install fee £40 - Monthly fee £3/pm
(new intake) Set-up fee £199 - Install fee £40 - Monthly fee £3/pm

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Nice one, does sound about right that pricing if they want to compete with Sky. I rang Virgin last week again and they know nothing at all re Tivo pricing and release dates.