ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

looks like misfire ???

renault clio 1.4 16v
it seems that I have a problem with misfiring but after diagnose with software it was not finding anything strange
I brought it to the garage and they checked with diagnostic software but nothing, the coils seems ok and the sparks too
maybe I should check something else,
could it be lambda sensor?? or air sensor ??
any idea??
thanks

renault clio 1.4 16v
yes
I checked with removing the 12v socket and it start to shake heavily
also with OBD2 it is free of errors

renault clio 1.4 16v
it looks like the petrol is not good because the same problem is having one friend of mine with an opel astra 2002
today it was powered on emissions warning light and the engine works the same with abnormal noise and shake (like an misfire but more smooth)
I should use the remaining fuel (maybe 15 liters) or I should remove it??
is it an easy way to remove the fuel completely without opening the tank??
thanks

renault clio 1.4 16v
I found a guy who remove all the fuel and filter it, recycle
he found aprox 100ml of water in 15 litres of petrol, he filtered it and put back the petrol on the tank
the clio is working again bad, like misfiring (3 pistons) but of course less shake
it has 2 days with this problem and I dont know what to do or what to check,
with diagnostic OBD II is not having any error code

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
yes
I checked with removing the 12v socket and it start to shake heavily
also with OBD2 it is free of errors
My coil pack passed all normal tests and would only misfire under load. It also would show no fault.

I swapped mine with a cheap second-hand one and the problem went away.