ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loom plugs and there function

Phase 1 Clio Sport 1
Hi guys, new member here. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with a few technical questions. I'm currently gearing up to get my clio past it's MOT and back on the road after a long while off and trying to clear up the OEM loom and the omex 600 loom I'm running. Currently running ZX12R throttle bodies and omex 600 ECU. I've got a few queries reagarding some of the OEM loom plugs and there exact function. Can anyone tell me what the plug near the oil cap does. (See attached pic) Is it anything to do with the vvc? also I'm running without a rev counter, temp gauge etc so need to figure out the best way to either get my standard clocks plumbed in off the back of the omex 600 or run a aftermarket rev counter. I've currently wired the fan on a manual switch. Any input would be much appreciated 👍

Attachments

• 20200208_174307.jpg
    20200208_174307.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 93
  • 20200208_172541.png
    20200208_172541.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 126

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys, new member here. I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with a few technical questions. I'm currently gearing up to get my clio past it's MOT and back on the road after a long while off and trying to clear up the OEM loom and the omex 600 loom I'm running. Currently running ZX12R throttle bodies and omex 600 ECU. I've got a few queries reagarding some of the OEM loom plugs and there exact function. Can anyone tell me what the plug near the oil cap does. (See attached pic) Is it anything to do with the vvc? also I'm running without a rev counter, temp gauge etc so need to figure out the best way to either get my standard clocks plumbed in off the back of the omex 600 or run a aftermarket rev counter. I've currently wired the fan on a manual switch. Any input would be much appreciated 👍

Be careful with those connection on your fuel lines m8. You ideally want proper connections. If one blows off and sprays fuel everywhere all your hard work will go up in flames.

Yep that's the VVT solenoid defo need that plugged in buddy.
Doesnt your revs come from the crank sensor on the flywheel. It's under the thermostat housing on top of the gearbox usually a blue sensor.

Phase 1 Clio Sport 1
Be careful with those connection on your fuel lines m8. You ideally want proper connections. If one blows off and sprays fuel everywhere all your hard work will go up in flames.

Yep that's the VVT solenoid defo need that plugged in buddy.
Doesnt your revs come from the crank sensor on the flywheel. It's under the thermostat housing on top of the gearbox usually a blue sensor.

Thanks for the help. Yeah that's also a thing I'm updated and changing all the fuel fittings to AN type before it goes back on the road.
The plug was plugged in I just wanted to double checked it was actually the vvc. I do have rev and temp plugin and going direct to the omex 600 so when I have my laptop plugged in I have a readout fpr rpm and temp it's just I have nothing then going back to the analogue in car own clock in the dash. Wasn't sure whether I can get some adapters or splice into the omex Loom?

Phase 1 Clio Sport 1
I'll be honest Ive never worked with Omex. Do you keep the original loom and splice the ones into it you need?
Or is it a completely ne loom?
It's my first time using omex also. I bought the set up 2nd hand and came with a pre made loom for the omex. There's just some plugs that I still can't figure out quite where they go and the function and what the original ecu isn't doing so I can cut back the unused parts of the oem loom. For example theres a plug on the omex labelled starter motor idle? But no idea where this goes so assuming it was probably part of the previous bespoke set up on the last car
Also you have any ideas what the plug is bottom centre at the front of block is?