ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

loom question..related to speakers and ice

Clio 1.4 Ph2 Extreme
Hey,
right.. ive been looking at fitting rear speakers in my clio extreme..(dont have rear speakers :()
I had the radio that i put in out again (alpine HU with ipod connection)
It has the stalk adapters so i can control it via those.
I have a sub and amp in the boot running off the preouts.
I still have two preouts on the back of the HU iirc

I was thinking about first getting speaker wire to the rear and putting standard speakers in then when i find some nice components put those in (might be a waste of time putting the standards in??)

But checking the loom from the radio looking at the rear speaker wires and following them from plug to plug and there are the wires for the rear speakers that go on the furthermost plug for the radio I.E too all the speakers and battery etc.

But following them back there appears to be no cables of the same colour and stripe pattern at the large plug on the floor next to the bonnet release and none at the back where the cable would split to go up to the rear speaker.
Is it best to find the existing wires in the radio plug cut and put new speaker wires in.. and then feed to rear speakers left and right. If so what type of speaker wire should i use if im likely to get components within the next few weeks or keep them standard?
And if i wanted to get 4 components 2 front and 2 rear then would it be best to amp them first using the spare 2 preouts on the back of the HU and to a separate amp in the boot.. Would i need to bridge amps or get a multi channel as my current one is only a 2 channel one...

Any help on this would be much appreciated, i hope it makes sense. Thanks Liam :D

first of all a set of comps in the back is a complete waste of your money.
have you checked behind the rear grills to see if the plug is there for the speakers hidden behind the panel?i dont think the extreme was fitted with the wiring though so you will be best off connecting the wiring to the exhisting from the block and then feeding back to rear quarters.

Clio 1.4 Ph2 Extreme
yeh sorry.. meant to put that id just put some standard speakers in the back seats.
yup check and checked the wiring on one with rear speakers at the scrapyard and pulled the carpet back to check the join.
hmm i think it would be best to have the dash out and tidy the exisiting wiring from the HU up.
So if i was to get 2 comps or two decent coaxials in the front, and two coaxials in the rear, whats the best setup (crossovers and all that?)
thanks

a set of comps upfront and if you dont intend for a sub you could put a set of co-ax's in back,however i would personally amp the fronts,but that is much more hassle.could possibly do you a good price on a set if your interested.pm me

vaux cavalier
I think before you go any further you need to decide exactly what effect YOU desire....

Why do you require rear speakers??? Do you carry rear seat passengers??? Are you simply after more volume??? Are you after the Club sound???

Try to get a listen to a few different set ups in similar cars, some cars actually sound better with rear speakers, some cars don't really require any rear fill....

Its all about what YOU want, we can advise but the decision is ultimately yours....

With regards amplifier settings etc each different person has slightly different tastes, couple to that the varying levels of installation used by each individual & you end up with an infinite amount of variables....In short you need to tune it to suit your tastes, I can offer basic settings to start from though....

The most important amp control is the GAIN/SENSITIVITY control, this matches the head units PRE-OUT voltage to the amplifiers INPUT signal voltage, get this wrong and damage can result....

Clio 1.4 Ph2 Extreme
Hmm
I know yeh but i want a bit more SQ as currently its either all bass or not very clear i dont have it loud atall and the bass is usually in the minus figures.

So a set of comps up front or just upgraded coaxials will be better do you think?

vaux cavalier
If chasing better SQ then I would suggest uprated components for the front driven from an amplifier rather than the head unit....

Then its a simple case of matching the output from the sub & components....

You could try adjusting your current setup, a little patience may well yield good results.....