ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

loosing power top revs each gear 3 mainly

172 turbo
i was driving back normally last night giving ti a bit of beans and all of a sudden my car lost power just the engine not bat etc. let off a bit got of the motorway and acelerated off the lights ok in gear 1 but still was hesitant about 6000rpm then gear 2 and 3 the worst stops pulling after 5000rpm no real misfire at the moment happening all of a sudden i asume must be a faulty sensor please give me some advice and how to locate these bloody sensors? cheers

Fook me, your typing is terrible!

It could be the clutch slipping at his revs, as thats where all of the power is.

When was the car last serviced? It could be something as simple as a blocked air filter, or maybe a dirty throttle body.

172 turbo
sorry lol urmm is weird today for example after 4000 revs slight poping noise out of exaust and just doesent want to rev anymore and been a while do u think i could be a sensor maybe fuel air not right? but funnny how it happend a long period of time after the de cat? and full service not for a year asuming? idea please

mmmmmm, I'm no engine pro, but maybe the throttle position sensor, or as your running a decat, your lambda sensor? what have you done with your lambda sensor, is it just plugged into the decat pipe?

I personally would take it out of your decat pipe. The lambda sensor should be reading a nice air fuel mix after the cat, at the moment its getting a s**t loads of fumes as there is not cat cleaning it up.

What I would do, is take out the lambda sensor from to decat pipe and let it breathe some nice clean air. This may help, it may not but apart from taking it to a garage and having it plugged in I wouldn't know anything else to do.

172 turbo
cheers for that but why would k tec desighn a de cat pipe where the lamber is ment to go you know what i mean ? :S where abouts u from matE> local im near bracknell or reading, berkshire way.?

they design it because it shouldnt affect the running of the engine. Took mine out and put it in a sleeve so you dont get the cat light on. Im from norwich pal.

Subaru Impreza P1
Sounds exactly the same as what happened to mine, it turned out it was the dephasor pulley that was fucked.

This affects your timing which is why its spluttering at high revs when the dephasor pulley is meant to alter your timing to give you that 'kick' at 5000 rpm.

Dphaser pulley soesn't give you the kick around 5000rpm, that the engine 'coming on cam'. The dephaser pulley helps the engine idle better because of the wild cams. It stops working around 1800-2200 iirc.

172 turbo
confusing me lads lol if it persists where shal i take it to have a look k tec will charge me a bom correct? and ill try the lamber thing.?

172 turbo
now the cat light has come on any ideas what is going on also ran outa or petrol had to put 2 stroke oil with petrol in to get to petrol station no other choice ran a tank of red ex through it and just flat spots and backfires at 4 k just where the power band should start i want to take it somewhere to get it looked at advice please!!!!!!!???