ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Losing Oil

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Car seems to be drinking oil but doesn't appear to be losing it externally is this just down to worn pistons - its an 05 182 with 123000 on the clock!

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Hi fletch, nothing to be too concerned about as it used to drop one indication on the dash dial when nearing a service now it's half way down with roughly another 2000 miles before the next one

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Mines started using a bit more lately ( I topped up just over half a litre on weds) I've put that down to the fact it's on 136k and has done quite a bit of track time.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I'm just putting mine down to mileage as it's still a motorway cruiser when I'm about - front end needs a good respray and passenger wing needs a re-lacquer but no point at the minute

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Yes half way down between the marks on the dipstick -think its just drinking it as when the car is first started and if left to idle the engine management light flashes for a minute until you start moving off

SQ5
Mine was well below that and never had any lights come on. It had 125k and burnt a little, probably put in a litre over 6 months

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Mine is useless, it says its full whatever is in the engine. Subsequestly I nearly ran it dry one day and now it drinks the stuff, my mechanic guesses is a damaged valve stem oil seal.

Golf GTD Mk7
if it's smoking there could be either a bottom end leak, or a valve seal issue. Which would both come with age, how well serviced etc.

Oil level is fine between the two marks. In fact, i'm sure renault say that's where it should be.

BMW M135i
Loosing half a dipstick after 10k miles is nothing. I'd expect it to be burning more than that after 123k!

Evo 5 RS
stem seals or piston rings, but it doesn't sound like it's using that much, I wouldn't worry. Just check your dipstick once a week

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
im very worried about mine need to get dan on the case i think. i have used about 5ltrs within about 3-4k obviously excesive amount and i also get a dirty exhaust tip very quick if i go for a hard drive and get black spots over the back of my car. most likely culprit? steam seals

Ph1
im very worried about mine need to get dan on the case i think. i have used about 5ltrs within about 3-4k obviously excesive amount and i also get a dirty exhaust tip very quick if i go for a hard drive and get black spots over the back of my car. most likely culprit? steam seals
#

Pretty much the same as me. No blue smoke but there is black sometimes when i boot it.

Burning oil you usually get blue smoke not black so strange one.

As for these using oil. Mine never used oil till the engine was pulled apart. Never needed to top it up between oil changes etc up to roughly 120k's of use. IMO a healthy engine with no wear shouldn't be 'just' using oil here and there

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
well mines only on 52k and havent had any blueish smoke on start up. maybe i have a leak somewhere god knows il get it looked at though because i prefer not to think something might be wrong with my car.