ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loss of engine urgency...................

Jap Shed
over the last 2 weeks my 172 seems to have lost power and i dont know why.
it seems to rev slower and have less low down pull.
the only things that have gone wrong with the car in the 2 months that i have had it are as follows -

a vibrating coming from the zorst around 3000 rpm

one day the accelerator had an issue where i would push it and it
would come to a stop 3/4 down and need more pressure to floor it.

tiTTy & SV650
what you mean rev slower? it takes longer to move up through the rev range but still but still revs as high as it used to?

or it doesnt rev as high as it used to?

ff 182
mine feels like that sometimes but i think it's more in my head lol .then a mechanical thing! sometimes it seems to b pulling real hard and other times it feels like i left the handbrake on...

Jap Shed
cliobritt said:
over the last 2 weeks my 172 seems to have lost power and i dont know why.
it seems to rev slower and have less low down pull.
the only things that have gone wrong with the car in the 2 months that i have had it are as follows -

a vibrating coming from the zorst around 3000 rpm

one day the accelerator had an issue where i would push it and it
would come to a stop 3/4 down and need more pressure to floor it.

any ideas about the faults?

tiTTy & SV650
mk1 or mk2 172, older shape mk1 has a throttle cable, mk2 172 has fly by wire throttle like the 182

tiTTy & SV650
lol dunno if its broke get it fixed before modding it, ask edde or fred they'll prob tell you right off what's up, good luck.

tiTTy & SV650
does it misfire? is it only at certain times it feels slower, have you let it warm up for 15mins before booting it? does the engine sound rough? has it been warmer where u stay over the last 2 weeks than before then?

Megane225FF
a hole in the exhaust will sap power, but I guess you'd hear that problem & you'd notice the decrease in mpg...