ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loss of power at 75-80 mph

Phase 1 172, boxster
Been happening the last few days in my ph1 when I reach 75-80 mph the car seems to lose power as if I'm driving into a massive headwind. Any ideas much appreciated :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Its just what I would expect to happen, largely irrelevant of what the specific issue is.

If it doesnt though it might be fuel pump for example, as it will be working harder in fifth than in 2nd to get to those rpm in the first place, so its useful background info to know.

Is the ECU light on to say it knows there is a fault?

Ignition is where Im going to throw my guess, so either plug leads loose on the coilpack, plugs themselves knackered or leaking from the rocker cover into the plug holes (or water getting down the same way)

Phase 1 172, boxster
Cheers chip, will check the plugs and prob change the leads and coilpack and see if it cures it

I had this once or twice a year or two ago, dropped a cog and booted it above that speed, then changed back up and all was fine. Seemed to have resolved itself since (touch wood)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I had this once or twice a year or two ago, dropped a cog and booted it above that speed, then changed back up and all was fine. Seemed to have resolved itself since (touch wood)

That's Known as an Italian tuneup.

LY FF182
I had this on mine.. Got worse over time and it tuned out it was simply over fuelling.. Previous owner had played with lambda wiring so wasn't running on and the ecu was just way over fuelling. New lambda and some wiring repairs by mick at diamond and it runs perfect