ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loss of Power, Exhaust Popping.

Clio Trophy
Last week my Clio Trophy developed a problem. I was driving along and my car lost power when accelerating & the exhaust starting popping while my foot was right down. Then the power came back and shunted the car foward again. It did this all day and the engine management light came on. I thought to my self this is a classic lambda sensor symptom.

I took it to the garage and they plugged it into a computer and a lambda sensor fault code came up (before cat one). Anyway I bought a Bosch one for £50 & fitted it, everything worked great. Couple of hours later it started doing the same thing again & the engine management light came back on. Took it back to the garage & they said the new lambda was faulty. Then I took the new lambda back and replaced it with a new NGK one. The same thing has now happened again.

I've checked the Map Sensor & thats all. Could it be a problem linked to the lambda sensor. Anyone got any ideas of what the problem might be? Or should I spend the extra money & take it to a Renault Garage.

Many Thanks

Monaco 53/468
wild stab in the dark and I'm by no means a mechanic but could it not be a coil?

Fuel then passing through and damaging the first oxy sensor????

come on shoot me down......

Golf GTD Mk7
if it was the coil pack the car would sound like a tractor and the power would be none existant.

Golf GTD Mk7
have you done anything to the car recently? possible air leak? when you say you have tried the map sensor, did you replace with a new one?

Golf GTD Mk7
theonlynameavailable said:
No, i havent done anything to it. I've thought of an air leak aswell. No I havent replaced the map sensor.

Might be worth asking someone if they wouldn't mind letting you use theirs to eliminate the option. Saves buying one first

Clio 182
this happened to me the other month, it was one of the spark plugs. Got a new set and problem dissapeared.

Da

Less
Yeah caused me some headaches that bloody MAP sensor, lol!

This is my thread, symptoms sound very similar. Ignore the diesel confusion, that was soon eliminated.

clio 172 luna speedl
i have this now but cant find the fault. comin up o2 sensor (memory fault)
drives ok till 3rd at 3k and it just holds back. than kicks in again
just had the engine out and this fault has comin up.
need to borrow a map and o2 sensor to find out the problem.
anyone fancy helping me out?

PH1 172
Had the same thing a couple of months ago but I had the sound of a subaru going on at the same time so may not be the same problem lol. It turned out to be my injector, which was showing up on the diagnostics as INJECTOR 3 FAULT. New one later and all was good.

Da

Less
i have this now but cant find the fault. comin up o2 sensor (memory fault)
drives ok till 3rd at 3k and it just holds back. than kicks in again
just had the engine out and this fault has comin up.
need to borrow a map and o2 sensor to find out the problem.
anyone fancy helping me out?

Where are you?
I have a 'faulty' MAP sdensor you can fit to see if it does the same.

clio 182
I'm having same problems! got videos in Another thread. Doing my head in. Going bk to dealer in the morning.

It safe to drive any1 know?

clio 172 luna speedl
had this problem too. after i put a belt on found out that it was the dephaser pulley just out of time. fixed it saturday. runnin find now

hope this helps lol

clio 182
i had this problem over the weekend, and been to garage today n come up with a coil pack fault so he put a new one in n checked spark plugs n replaced them n now she';s running as good as new, (touch wood! lol)

clio 182
its your coil pack mate. had exactly the same thing on my 182 the other week. 1 coil was down but when 1 goes they all go in sequence so i had the pack and plugs changed. 1 of my spark plugs was arching out and causing a surge on the coil which burnt it out basically. problem all sorted now

clio 172 cup
Had the same thing a couple of months ago but I had the sound of a subaru going on at the same time so may not be the same problem lol. It turned out to be my injector, which was showing up on the diagnostics as INJECTOR 3 FAULT. New one later and all was good.
i think i got this problem, how much did it cost ya??

Clio 172 Cup
somebody has suggested changing the plugs, anybody recommend the best plugs to use in a 172 Cup - K-Tec recommend their own plugs but these must be Bosch or simliar that are probably available cheaper elsewhere?