ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loss of power

172 ph1
I have a 53 reg 172 with 68k on the clock I had a 172 from new and on my little test stretch was able to reach 140 at the top. However the one I have now struggles at 110, could this be a tired engine or does anybody have any ideas before I sell because I got beat by a knob in an astral diesel

Now Sold :-(
If it's topping out at 110mph (On your private road) then something is clearly wrong.
Could be any number of things causing a loss of power. Any other symptoms?

172 ph1
it isnt topping out as such, it will go past 110 but you can feel the engine give up pulling at 110. Up until then it pulls like a train, there are no symptoms at all, i guess it has just lost a couple of horse power. The knob i refer to has a 150bhp sri astra diesel with a thorny re-map and a exhaust, i was expecting him to keep up with me until about 110 where the petrol power would pull away but that was not the case!!! At this point i am thinking of selling up and buying an astra!!!

Clio 172 PH2
tbh mate the astra sri diesal with a remap isnt a slow car, i would be supprised if you beat it. one of my friends has the same car just in a hatchback same mods. they arent slow cars.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Most TDCi's with a tuning box are potent these days. When did it (The RS) last have a proper service and check over?

CLIO CUP 172
Had Golf 25th Anniversary diesel before the 172 CUP

Remapped that and on the roller car produced 189BHP combined with the huge gains in torque car was faster in 3rd, 4th, 5th plus had 6th gear to piss me off now ive got the clio

Clio prob faster 0-60 as 1st gear is s**t in diesels. But watch out for them mapped turbo diesels when around the 50mph mark very pokey