ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lost iPhone 4

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
Was at a music festival last night and lost my iphone, whats the next move apart from getting it turned off ? Do you need to have that find my phone app already on it or whats the story ?

cheers

Inferno 182 CUP
Nope app doesn't have to be installed although not sure how u track it now .. U can remotely lock it though

One of the gurus will sort u out

AK

M240i
I don't remember installing any app for FMI to work, I just signed up to a me account.

Gman

ClioSport Club Member
  Mt10 Zx6r golf tdi
I think this is a good opportunity for anyone else who hasn't set up their 'find my phone' to do so. I've used this service a couple of times when i left my phone at work/mates houses. It shows you on google maps where it is and it also allows you to send a tone/message to the phone along with locking it and wiping it.

Hope you find your phone!!

Whisker biscuit

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 Flamer
When my new one arrives whats the story with apps already purchased ? Do they transfer onto the new phone when synced to itunes ? Not that its a big deal but does your progress and scores carry over from games ?

AK

M240i
Yes. They should all be on your iTunes and sync across.

Any apps you've purchased you won't need to pay for them again, even if you download them from the App Store again.

AK

M240i
Wait till iOS 5 mate, it'll all be integrated by then with your apple ID.

EDIT: But it'll be iCloud, not ME.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Yeah. You can, Find my iPhone works with your Apple ID. The same ID you use with iTunes.

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account... > mobileme > ​type your Apple ID and password in.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Nah, still being a c**t.

Just went on my apple account though and it says it's not verified, but won't let me verify or send an confirmation email.

Cupra
If you use an exchange email account on your phone, it is possible to remotely wipe it through OWA or the admin console. I'm careful not to piss off Sys admin these days.

320d M Sport
Just got this too and set it up. Must have totally missed this App? Was a bit fiddly to set up, kept not accepting my email and password, after about 4 goes of putting the same info in it did take them.

App is now set up and turned to on. How exactly does it work? And if I read correctly any i-device or pc can find it if I log in under my apple id?

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
The app is only useful if you use it on a friends phone in order to find yours if you have lost it. Having the app installed on your iPhone is irrelevant if it is lost.

in order to track your lost iPhone, you log into http://www.me.com with your Apple ID on a computer, then provided you have set it up correctly, you should be able to track it and wipe/lock/ping a message to it...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Doesn't work for me. Says some bulls**t about having to change my email on the apple website, and when I change my email it tells me it can't change it. Typical.

Edit: Sorted it, had to make ANOTHER Apple ID. Pretty cool though, and handy.

Last edited: