ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lost locking wheel nut

Hi,

Need advice on how to remove some locking wheel nuts when i can't find the locking wheel nut.

please help :(

jay

PH1 172
Hi,

Need advice on how to remove some locking wheel nuts when i can't find the locking wheel nut.

please help :(

jay

Get a socket that is a little bit smaller than the nut, whack it on so it's wedged and then hopefully you should be able to unbolt it by the normal method. I have not needed to do this myself but I have heard of others doing it.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
get a socket thats about 0.5mm too small to fit over the nut (make sure it has a 1/2" drive)

stick a 1/2" ext bar in it, then using a "phat" hammer, knock the socket over the bolt as far as it will go...

you a wrench to remove..

failing that - go to machine mart/halfords and buy a "locking wheel nut remover" which is basically a self tapper reverse thread socket

leon cupra R
Took mine to a garage, they did the above took about 5 mins cost 20 quid tho so try it yourself first