ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lost power fitting a decat to a cobra catback

Clio 182 FF
Iv read some other threads on this but i cant find anything concrete. I fitted my decat pipe the other day and i immediately noticed the lack of power my 182 FF had. It seemed to really struggle with even going downhill and my fuel gauge hardly moved, so im wondering if it was running lean. After 2 days, i changed it back to the cat, and again, it felt so powerful compared to the decat. There were no blows at all, the only thing i didn't do was put in the second lambda sensor, i completely unplugged it as i couldn't get it out of the cat.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Iv read some other threads on this but i cant find anything concrete. I fitted my decat pipe the other day and i immediately noticed the lack of power my 182 FF had. It seemed to really struggle with even going downhill and my fuel gauge hardly moved, so im wondering if it was running lean. After 2 days, i changed it back to the cat, and again, it felt so powerful compared to the decat. There were no blows at all, the only thing i didn't do was put in the second lambda sensor, i completely unplugged it as i couldn't get it out of the cat.
Does the new decat contain a hole for the lambda sensor at all?

Clio 182 FF
Yeh its got a hole for it but iv just cabled tied it out the way so the engine check light doesent come on.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Yeh its got a hole for it but iv just cabled tied it out the way so the engine check light doesent come on.

So the decat had a hole in it? Surely that didn't help either. Do it properly or not at all.