ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lost reverse after fitting a new clutch

clio campus 1.2
Car : Clio 2 Campus 1.2 2007 - D4f

just fitted a new clutch (pressure plate and thrust bearing)

to get into 1st I have to lift the reverse gate. Then it goes through the gears fine. Down shifting from 3rd to 2nd I have to lift the reverse gate again.

can’t get reverse at all

must be linkage related? But I disconnected from the sleeve style joint marking it before removing and install on the exact same spot

anyone know what might be the fix. Thanks

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Car : Clio 2 Campus 1.2 2007 - D4f

just fitted a new clutch (pressure plate and thrust bearing)

to get into 1st I have to lift the reverse gate. Then it goes through the gears fine. Down shifting from 3rd to 2nd I have to lift the reverse gate again.

can’t get reverse at all

must be linkage related? But I disconnected from the sleeve style joint marking it before removing and install on the exact same spot

anyone know what might be the fix. Thanks
Itll just need adjusting on the sleeve. It's such minor adjustment has a huge effect higher up.

Remove the bolt connecting to the linkage next time on the box.

You didnt drop the subframe onto the linkage either did you? Seen people bend them thay way before too

clio campus 1.2
Itll just need adjusting on the sleeve. It's such minor adjustment has a huge effect higher up.

Remove the bolt connecting to the linkage next time on the box.

You didnt drop the subframe onto the linkage either did you? Seen people bend them thay way before too
Yep you’re right about small adjustments making a huge difference. I rotated it on the sleeve less than 1mm and it’s all sorted.