ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lost the back end, ABS, TCS and SERV lights on

182FF Arctic
Hey all,

I've read about the possibilities of a break pedal sensor or a dirty ABS sensor but before i try these, has anyone experienced the following?:

I took a corner yesterday and as i went round the back end stepped out. I managed to catch it and carry on as normal, but instantly the ABS, TCS and SERV lights came on and stayed on. I wasn't travelling particularly fast and i wouldn't have expected to slide so much.

The car has also been feeling more "twitchy" than usual, possibly in the front passenger side wheel.

The lights went off when i switched the ignition off, but they have been coming on intermitently for a few weeks now.

Any advice would be appreciated before i chuck the car at someone to put on a ramp.

Petrol Blue Clio182FF
Hey all,

I've read about the possibilities of a break pedal sensor or a dirty ABS sensor but before i try these, has anyone experienced the following?:

I took a corner yesterday and as i went round the back end stepped out. I managed to catch it and carry on as normal, but instantly the ABS, TCS and SERV lights came on and stayed on. I wasn't travelling particularly fast and i wouldn't have expected to slide so much.

The car has also been feeling more "twitchy" than usual, possibly in the front passenger side wheel.

The lights went off when i switched the ignition off, but they have been coming on intermitently for a few weeks now.

Any advice would be appreciated before i chuck the car at someone to put on a ramp.

Adjust your pedal sensor first, then see if it still happens. Applying brakes normally throws up the lights, your stabilty etc may have kicked in on the bend which caused the fault, then once stabilty was off the back end stepped out.

Better than yours. C*nt.
N00b head on sounds like there's an issue with brake bias if your car is more lively.

182FF Arctic
Adjust your pedal sensor first, then see if it still happens. Applying brakes normally throws up the lights, your stabilty etc may have kicked in on the bend which caused the fault, then once stabilty was off the back end stepped out.

The lights didn't come on until after i corrected the slide. As soon as i had control again, all the lights came on.

As suggested i'll use the forum guide and play around with the brake sensor at the weekend and see if that does the trick for now.

Do you think i could have a problem with a shock?

Petrol Blue Clio182FF
The lights didn't come on until after i corrected the slide. As soon as i had control again, all the lights came on.

As suggested i'll use the forum guide and play around with the brake sensor at the weekend and see if that does the trick for now.

Do you think i could have a problem with a shock?

I had the three lights coming on at random times when driving, since adjusting the brake switch they havent come on once! I wouldn't have thought you had a shock problem, more likley something on the road to make it a little slippy. No harm in having a look at your shocks for leaks etc.

182FF Arctic
Thanks Alan.

I'm also looking at the prospect i might have a knackered cv joint, there is an intermittant thud on full lock from the nearside front wheel once every revolution, but eases as i release the steering angle.

I might have 2 seperate problems at once. If it is i will be incredibly p**sed!