ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loud droning noise when braking from fast

As above, it's been happening for a while now. Say I'm travelling at 70mph and brake to around 50 or less, I have an almighty 'droning' noise that goes deeper as the car slows down. Someone said it could be a warped brake disc. Any thoughts? It's only coming from the front N/S and it's not a wheel bearing or anything like that.

Nope none of those things. What could they be a symptom of?

Pads + calipers have recently been changed and it was doing it before that.

They were already drilled + grooved when I got the car. They have lasted too... they don't seem to have worn down at all! Doesn't disappear with heavy braking.

I changed from standard discs to drilled and grooved and the same drone that your talking about, so I guess it's down to the groves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I've been putting it off for long enough! Will I be alright using my existing pads, they're not that old as you know?