ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loud ticking...

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:34 pm Post subject: Loud ticking.... started the valver up tonight and it has a loud ticking... its not the tappets as it does it when its warm.... im thinkin its the injectors as when i rev to about 1500k the ticking goes then gradually builds up again when revs go to idle..

is it just a case of removing injectors and having them tested or is it a replacement time

james

Clio Sport 1.4
sounds like injectors, looking at my old Mot certs my injectors have been replaced previously, but there still ticking when warm at idle aswell!

taking mine back into renault, still got 3 months warranty left and they suggested bring it in whilst its still free.

yeah i certain its the injectors or should i say the one of them, think im going to take them out and get them refurbed... only £60 so its worth doing

james