ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Loud whistle on idle - coming from throttle body.

BG Clio RS 182
2005 Clio 182 BG

So.. started doing it yesterday out of no where.

Only on idle and no throttle input - it makes a fairly noticeable screech/whistle noise. Noise goes away when you blip/press the throttle, or when the engine is under load when driving. Quite loud when you open the bonnet lol. Sounds like an air leak, but been told it could be a faulty throttle body? Noise seems to be coming from the throttle body.. and can’t see anything related on google or on Clio forum.

Car drives completely normal. Idles normally, throttle is normal, and power is normal. Everything - normal.

Any help or if someone else has had the issue, please let me know - appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I think it might have been you that posted on the FB forum. Hope you got it sorted. I had this and it was where I had done a service and not tightened down the plenum properly. Air was squeezing in through the gaps and made the most horrendous screeching noise.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Spray brake cleaner around that area and see when it stops.

The inlet/throttle is under vacuum on idle so that's why you hear it whistling as it's pulling air through a small leak.

BG Clio RS 182
Sorted it now guys.

Turned out to be loose inlet manifold bolts/screws [emoji28]

Engine is on solid (not far off solid) engine mounts with solid top mounts. All this added up means fine vibrations to the engine must of shaken them loose. Very weird.

Yes it was on Facebook. Someone said throttle body as they can make a funny noise.

BG Clio RS 182
I think it might have been you that posted on the FB forum. Hope you got it sorted. I had this and it was where I had done a service and not tightened down the plenum properly. Air was squeezing in through the gaps and made the most horrendous screeching noise.

It was mate. Very funny noise lol