ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low cat. help.

BG182FF
For some reason my cat sits really low. It bow's down slightly in the middle Any way i can raise it?

Can post a picture shortly if needed.

BG182FF
yeah the whole exhaust sits quite low really :( cant seem to find a garage that can sort it :( my mate is going to post a picture later so if someone can look and help, i'll be over the moon :)

172cup
936b743a.jpg

Clio 197
your cat is on a flexi piece of pipe so will be being pulled down by the rest of the system i am guessing.

Have you checked your mounts?

Clio 197
Try spinning the clamp 180 degrees that joins the cat to the center section as that looks to be slightly lower than the cat itself, this might be the cause of the scrape

BG182FF
yeah good idea :) thanks mate, will get it into garage and sort it out until i can get hold of a decat, think that will solve the problem as they are only a thin pipe :)

Clio 197
yeah good idea :) thanks mate, will get it into garage and sort it out until i can get hold of a decat, think that will solve the problem as they are only a thin pipe :)

cool, whilst you (or garage) are under there have a quick check everything is in order with the flexi pipe

BG182FF
yeah will get my head under the car too myself, just wish i had my own ramp at home so i can sort it myself! :p garages here are clueless!

Clio 197
yeah will get my head under the car too myself, just wish i had my own ramp at home so i can sort it myself! :p garages here are clueless!

Get yourself some of those little drive up ramps – these are good for exhaust type jobs (I find I can only use them on the rear of my 172 as the front is too low)

Also worth investing in a trolley jack and axle stands ;)