ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low idle and engine cutting out! HELP!!

White Evo V
Yesterday on my way to work I was sat at a set of traffic lights when my car just cut out! I started it and set off no problems. Next set of lights same thing again, all of a sudden this just started and now it doesnt idle at all, sometimes it will stay ticking over but idle is at about 400-600rpm and most times it just cuts out. Drives faultless though and no lights are on the instrument cluster.

I did a search on this and found a few remidies that have worked for other people but ive tried these and still no joy. I cleaned the throttle body out and took the battery leads off overnight last night to try and reset the ecu. This didnt work! It still idles at 400-600rpm and most times just dies.

I hope someone can help me on this as I cant afford to pay Renault a small fortune to just tell me what it is!

Anyone had this problem? - What sorted it???

Thanks, Ben

Ian

Focus TDCi
I know this might sound like a strange solution but check the Aux belt, if it's the same setup as mine. My car would also intermittently cut out and it turns out the Aux belt was slipping and not recharging the battery. It was more of a problem when starting the car, however I also lost power at a set of lights once as well.

I'm not sure this is your problem, but worth a quick look I guess.