ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

low idle?

1.2 16v Extreme
hi i just bought a 1.2 16v extreme clio 2005 plate last weekend. have no major faults from it as i am aware of but clutch bite point seems high but had a clio before and seems although it probably just the way they are but when the idle sits at around 500revs is this normal or is it quite low, i owned a polo before revs sat just over 1000s so just curious as every car is diferent. it doesnt seem to affect the driving of the car, ovbiously take off it slow but it is only a 1.2. it did have a service a month ago, was due a air filter but was wrong size so it never got changed. thinking about buying a wee cheap induction kit for it would this help the revs atall. also does it really make a difference buying a £20 induction kit aposed to a £75 one thanks guys in advance.

1.2 16v Extreme
any ideas what the reason for it idling so low are like i say though still runs fine! it was a 1.2 16v

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
any ideas what the reason for it idling so low are like i say though still runs fine! it was a 1.2 16v

Any gumming around the edge of the butterfly in your throttle body? My old 1.6 had a similar issue with low idle at full closed as the oil vapour recirc sat next to the aperture. Not sure if the 1.2 is the same but easy enough to dismantle and check.