ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low mileage 172 Cup £14,999 on ebay

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My bid is 7k and until I see some jacking point and inner rear sill pics - I’m out.

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
Was going to say, it's not a huge ask at all when it could be someone's life savings they're sticking into for an investment.
I thought they had an additional cover behind the speaker that's what I was thinking.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not many people are gonna rip a car apart for some pics, just saying it's a big Ask.

For a normal car you're right, not many people would bother.

but when you're asking top money, you've gotta go that extra mile with the sale process.

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
Someone just got a very lovley car , hope I don't regret this in 5 years 🤣🤣🤣

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look at it in absolutes you will regret it, it'll be worth more in 5 years, potentially a lot more.

But that won't reflect whether you were willing to keep it for another 5 years, keep it well, service it every year, tax it, MOT it, or pay for storage costs.

We could all keep everything for as long as possible, but we free up the money to try/do other things.

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120
If you look at it in absolutes you will regret it, it'll be worth more in 5 years, potentially a lot more.

But that won't reflect whether you were willing to keep it for another 5 years, keep it well, service it every year, tax it, MOT it, or pay for storage costs.

We could all keep everything for as long as possible, but we free up the money to try/do other things.
Agreed mate I'm happy with what it sold at which is all that matters I guess

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182 Cup
I guess sales on CC are also binding? Cash approved before you can bid, so it can't fall through like eBay?
Nope - fee is always taken by CC but you have to sort the actual sale directly with the buyer yourself.

Stuflac

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 182 Cup
Oh, so you can still end up with the usual eBay type bullshit where the buyer suddenly comes to their senses and finds any excuse to bail?
Yep believe so. Basically I think CC introduce you via email and then leave you to it.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  V6 255, 172 cup, ph1
Yep believe so. Basically I think CC introduce you via email and then leave you to it.

Not quite.

You get the email the handshake and then they do check up and offer advice/support etc and will assist with legal stuff if required. They also check up after you've picked the car up as a buyer in case there are any issues.

The buyer has effectively signed a contract to buy the car and pick it up within X amount of days (7 I think) or it will be re-advertise and the buyers fee lost.

My buyer was sending me odd messages saying he wanted the car not touched so he could check it was as described, I mentioned this to CC and I assume they spoke to him because he immediately dropped the nonsense.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think removing the tow sticker from the 'never tracked' car easily added £1300.

Glad you got it gone - my question is that if you were happy with 11k, why did you put it up for £15k to begin with? I'm not actually being narky here, genuine curiosity.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Clio trophy
I think removing the tow sticker from the 'never tracked' car easily added £1300.

Glad you got it gone - my question is that if you were happy with 11k, why did you put it up for £15k to begin with? I'm not actually being narky here, genuine curiosity.

worth a punt and gives you wriggle room for negotiation. Plus you lose nothing starting high

SKINTasPER

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Clio 182/MK4 GT 120

Just trying my luck tbh anything over 10k I'd of been happy with tbh