ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low mileage Clio 200 £7-8K - good value?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I don't understand why Renault changed the belt interval between 197s and 200s. It's the same engine, same parts, why try for another year?

The value of these are all over the place ATM. Dogs for £2.5k and decent ones for £8/9k. A couple of dreamers up for £10K+

RS Clio 182
I don't understand why Renault changed the belt interval between 197s and 200s. It's the same engine, same parts, why try for another year?

The value of these are all over the place ATM. Dogs for £2.5k and decent ones for £8/9k. A couple of dreamers up for £10K+

I think £7K is a decent price for a lowish mileage one - i remember buying my 4 year old 182 on 21K for £7.5K

At the end of the day,they are 7/8 year old Clio's,and i think going over £8.5K is a little bit high - never mind £10k.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I think £7K is a decent price for a lowish mileage one - i remember buying my 4 year old 182 on 21K for £7.5K

At the end of the day,they are 7/8 year old Clio's,and i think going over £8.5K is a little bit high - never mind £10k.
I've had mine about 6 months and I remember seeing ones listed for over £10k just for being LY or recaros, optimistic I think.

2014 Clio 200t edc
I dont like the modern hatchbacks...way too big and bulky,they feel too 'electronic' and ive heard the flappy gear change isnt that responsive on it?
They are actually really good. Don't feel like a big car when driving, but the actual space in them is useful. Still throw them around etc.

RS Clio 182
They are actually really good. Don't feel like a big car when driving, but the actual space in them is useful. Still throw them around etc.

I just dont like the look of them - they dont seem different enough in 'sporty' terms for me - if i was going to go more modern id go for a Megane 250 with all the toys,but its out of my budget i think. I just like the more smaller old-skool hot hatches - i may just keep the 182,i havnt decided yet hehe.

alexessex_7

ClioSport Club Member
  250 Cup & BG 182
Ive seen some earlier models of the 200 (59 reg) have a silver bumper rather than black? is there any difference in the model?

RS Clio 182
£6,895 is this a good price for a Liquid Yellow 200? (59k,2010,belts just done)

Ive seen LY 200's going for 9k-10k so this looks a good price?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The going rate i'd say. People trying to over sell them because it has an expensive original optional paint are dreamers.

RS Clio 182
The going rate i'd say. People trying to over sell them because it has an expensive original optional paint are dreamers.

Theyve offered me it for £6300,as a p/x with my 182 - which values it at £600. (2004,109K,Silver)

My 182 has a dint in the bodywork in the passenger side - so im really not sure what the car is worth atm. Without the damage,it would easily be worth over £1000...

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I paid just over 5k for my RB200 with 60k on the clock. But it didn't have Recaros so they were more on top.

Belts were done last year and the gearbox was also rebuilt by a reputable company.

RS Clio 182
Sounds like a proper good price for that spec :up:

Yeah,il post some pics up next week. The lad was only 19 years old so was paying £3500 a year on insurance, hence the sale! He p/x my 182 as part of the deal.

Theres some plastic peeled off on the radio head unit volume buttons - is this a common thing? I noticed another 200 with the same thing in the pics...

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Yeah,il post some pics up next week. The lad was only 19 years old so was paying £3500 a year on insurance, hence the sale! He p/x my 182 as part of the deal.

Theres some plastic peeled off on the radio head unit volume buttons - is this a common thing? I noticed another 200 with the same thing in the pics...

Yep my volume controls are exactly the same

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I'm gonna gate crash this thread if no-one minds :smile:.....

I'm having trouble getting my head round these 200s, what's standard, what are options etc (I've read the sticky guide to 197/200s btw). Prices seem to vary a lot which only adds to the confusion for me.

I've seen this one, which the owner describes it as a Trophy model :mask:, but nevertheless it looks decent with Recaros & lowish miles.....I assume it's not a Cup, but did read somewhere that red calipers suggests it is :nomouth:.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...cation=at_cars&model=CLIO&sort=mileage&page=2

Any views? Thanks!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I'm gonna gate crash this thread if no-one minds :smile:.....

I'm having trouble getting my head round these 200s, what's standard, what are options etc (I've read the sticky guide to 197/200s btw). Prices seem to vary a lot which only adds to the confusion for me.

I've seen this one, which the owner describes it as a Trophy model :mask:, but nevertheless it looks decent with Recaros & lowish miles.....I assume it's not a Cup, but did read somewhere that red calipers suggests it is :nomouth:.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201704234716516?keywords=recaro&make=RENAULT&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&postcode=tr11bq&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&model=CLIO&sort=mileage&page=2

Any views? Thanks!

No such thing as a trophy. Red calipers suggest it has the cup suspension package.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
No such thing as a trophy. Red calipers suggest it has the cup suspension package.
Thanks, I was pretty sure there wasn't a Trophy, but I wasn't sure the red calipers definitely meant it was a Cup. When an owner doesn't know what they're selling it does make me uneasy, on the other hand there's a possibility of a bargain to be had :wink:.

Are these cars OK as a daily? My plan is to chop in my M135i - I'm on my second one in 3 years, it's a fabulous all rounder, however I've got to the time where I fancy a change but there really isn't an affordable replacement that has all the drama & theatre of the bimmer. So I thought I would get a relatively cheap 197/200, use it as a daily for 2 or 3 years & then use it as my next track car to replace my 172......

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, I was pretty sure there wasn't a Trophy, but I wasn't sure the red calipers definitely meant it was a Cup. When an owner doesn't know what they're selling it does make me uneasy, on the other hand there's a possibility of a bargain to be had :wink:.

Are these cars OK as a daily? My plan is to chop in my M135i - I'm on my second one in 3 years, it's a fabulous all rounder, however I've got to the time where I fancy a change but there really isn't an affordable replacement that has all the drama & theatre of the bimmer. So I thought I would get a relatively cheap 197/200, use it as a daily for 2 or 3 years & then use it as my next track car to replace my 172......

It's a good daily, just the MPG isn't amazing.

Check gearbox (3rd into 4th particularly at high rpm), exhaust manifold for blowing and no knocks from the steering.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Are these cars OK as a daily?
I use my 200 as a daily and it's an absolute joy (minus the MPG obviously), do about 20 miles a day and I don't get stuck in much traffic so have lots of chances to enjoy the car on A and B roads. Even with a louder exhaust, cup chassis and recaros it isn't uncomfortable or tiring.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
The gearbox issues are a concern, read a bit about that, but fixable I suppose.

Not too worried about economy.

My commute is 30 miles a day, but I also do several much longer trips throughout the year - comfortable enough on a long drive?

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
comfortable enough on a long drive?
I've never had a problem with 3/4 hour journeys in mine, and having cruise control means you can move around a little. Would defo recommend testing regular seats as well as recaros as some people just don't get along with them

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I use my 200 as a daily and it's an absolute joy (minus the MPG obviously), do about 20 miles a day and I don't get stuck in much traffic so have lots of chances to enjoy the car on A and B roads. Even with a louder exhaust, cup chassis and recaros it isn't uncomfortable or tiring.

How old are you?

I do a similar commute and I hate it. The clio is great as an occasional commuter and weekend toy. But I'm properly tired of it as a daily.

I'm 26 and I've had it coming up to five years.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
How old are you?

I do a similar commute and I hate it. The clio is great as an occasional commuter and weekend toy. But I'm properly tired of it as a daily.

I'm 26 and I've had it coming up to five years.

Am 22, had it about six months now, so the enjoyment might wear off, although I only commute 3/4 days a week.
I would consider getting an eco daily but that's more to avoid the 27mpg I get rather than not enjoying the drive.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Am 22, had it about six months now, so the enjoyment might wear off, although I only commute 3/4 days a week.
I would consider getting an eco daily but that's more to avoid the 27mpg I get rather than not enjoying the drive.

Ah fair enough, I can't get more than 24mpg
I'm after something with a v6 to save fuel lol.

Same boat for me, I was doing 80 miles per day in a Meg 250 on the motorway getting around 33-35mpg 5 days a week, and done that for around 6 months, man I hate motorway driving..

Now in the Clio 200 I do 20 miles on a proper twisty B road 5 days a week, 27-29mpg depending on how I drive. Been doing that for 4-5 months and still love the drive, although I don't blast it too often as I'm MPG conscious and my de-res Scorpion reminds me when I'm flooring it as soon as I'm above 3k revs.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Hopefully not instead of the clio?

Ah I didn't know you had an akra! Epic exhaust!
Nah definitely not a replacement, just to compliment it.

Yeh had it fitted when I bought it and it's such a great sound, just makes you want to redline it everywhere

RS Clio 182
I picked up my LY 200 last night...it has an Akra fitted..jeez that thing is loud!! Awesome sound when you dump the clutch....on the motorway at 70 its very loud,even in 6th at 3k.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Silverstone GP versions were silver, is that right? Found a dealer selling a 2011 Storm Grey but calling it a Silverstone :neutral:.

So June 2011 car, 60k, Storm Grey, Cup setup, Recaros for £6495 - sounds good? Not got history details just yet.....

Thanks again!

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Silverstones were only silver, some systems (god knows why) seem to get it wrong, one of ones I ran my reg through said mine was a silverstone... :S
From the details you've given sounds like a good deal, especially as storm grey is quite desirable, bare in mind the belts will need to be done in the next few months, if they haven't already, so something worth checking.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
The MOT history is a bit dubious in that both front springs have snapped at some stage, and I wonder if the previous owners (2 of them in total) were a bit care free, what with it failing MOTs for dodgy tyres including one with a glued split in the tyre wall :eek:penmouth:.

RS Clio 182
The MOT history is a bit dubious in that both front springs have snapped at some stage, and I wonder if the previous owners (2 of them in total) were a bit care free, what with it failing MOTs for dodgy tyres including one with a glued split in the tyre wall :eek:penmouth:.

I wouldnt say a snapped spring is dubious...one of my eibachs had snapped after a few years through no apparent reason...was revealed during an MOT. Was a hairline crack and i didnt know about it..

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
I wouldnt say a snapped spring is dubious...one of my eibachs had snapped after a few years through no apparent reason...was revealed during an MOT. Was a hairline crack and i didnt know about it..
I had visions of the previous owners getting some air over speed bumps :smile:. TBF I've had a previous car with broken springs, dealer blamed speed humps then.