ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low mileage Clio 200 £7-8K - good value?

RS Clio 182
Im thinking of upgrading my '04 Clio 182 soon and i noticed some low mileage (25k to 40k) Clio 200's for sale for around £7-8K.....im assuming these have come down in price recently - do they represent good value considering these are 7 to 8 year old cars?

I cant really think of anything else for that kind of money. Anyone what specific things i should be looking out for when buying a 200? Anyone done the same recently?

Something along these lines in terms of mileage : http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...=at_cars&maximum-badge-engine-size=2.0&page=1

RS Clio 182
Yep, 3 weeks ago. 39k one owner. £7995 it was up for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Id need to check belt changes wouldnt i...some might be due their 2nd change?

They seem to be pretty rare...i never see any on the roads,and they are hardly talked about on here - yet they got great reviews.

Renault Clio RS Cup
Id need to check belt changes wouldnt i...some might be due their 2nd change?

They seem to be pretty rare...i never see any on the roads,and they are hardly talked about on here - yet they got great reviews.
You should be ok on the belts. Get them looked over. I've got an interim oil ad filter change being done and in 6 months a full service. Will probably do the belt, water pump and tensioners, etc.

RS Clio 182
You should be ok on the belts. Get them looked over. I've got an interim oil ad filter change being done and in 6 months a full service. Will probably do the belt, water pump and tensioners, etc.

Did you go for FF or cup? Do you pay more depending on the colour...i saw an Alien Green one for 8k. I dont want another silver car so im looking at a blue one.

Renault Clio RS Cup
Did you go for FF or cup? Do you pay more depending on the colour...i saw an Alien Green one for 8k. I dont want another silver car so im looking at a blue one.

I have a cup in white. Really pleased with it.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Every 200 made will have needed a belt change by now.

Its a £550/600 job so allow for this when buying, looking at it and assuming its in good condition is foolish

330i. E30 Touring.
I have to say, i don't understand spending £8k on a Clio that still has money to lose.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Every 200 made will have needed a belt change by now.

Its a £550/600 job so allow for this when buying, looking at it and assuming its in good condition is foolish

Nope. 200's are as late as 62 plate. Mine's one of the last factory order ones at May 2012.
The 200's are 72k or 6 years for belts too, rather than the 197's 72k or 5 years.
Mine's booked in for belts in the summer, way before the due date, but I'd rather be safe.

RS Clio 182
I have to say, i don't understand spending £8k on a Clio that still has money to lose.

They look the best value for money considering the age,mileage and how fun they are to drive....plus Clios are very reliable if they are looked after properly. Ive had my 182 nearly 10 years and 80k+ miles.

Looking at Audis and Golfs at the same price - and youre looking at really high mileage ones.

Either this or i go for a brand new car on finance...but new cars just feel too 'electronic' to me - theyve lost that raw factor.

RS Clio 182
Nope. 200's are as late as 62 plate. Mine's one of the last factory order ones at May 2012.
The 200's are 72k or 6 years for belts too, rather than the 197's 72k or 5 years.
Mine's booked in for belts in the summer, way before the due date, but I'd rather be safe.

That could be good timing to buy then - they shouldve been done in 2015 or last year.

330i. E30 Touring.
They look the best value for money considering the age,mileage and how fun they are to drive....plus Clios are very reliable if they are looked after properly. Ive had my 182 nearly 10 years and 80k+ miles.

Looking at Audis and Golfs at the same price - and youre looking at really high mileage ones.

Either this or i go for a brand new car on finance...but new cars just feel too 'electronic' to me - theyve lost that raw factor.

Ah, you want raw?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201703163361945

Standard CS response. and it seriously would be where my money went, with £3k in the bank to run/repair if needed.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Anyone know why this is so cheap? How rare were these 200s with the pan roof,is this a gordini?

http://www.westfieldsofwakefield.co...vt-renaultsport-3dr-wakefield-201704144422742

Looks like a normal 200 in albi blue.

Gordini's look like this, and have cancerous wheels/interior/stripes.

I'd genuinely rather guide my dad into my mum than own one;

IMG_0465.JPG

RS Clio 182
Looks like a normal 200 in albi blue.

Gordini's look like this, and have cancerous wheels/interior/stripes.

I'd genuinely rather guide my dad into my mum than own one;

View attachment 184312

It has the Gordini features though,stripes and the angled grill bit on the bottom front. Im just wondering why its so cheap? All the other 200's have been over £6.5/7 for the same mileage...

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Someone has put the black stripes on it mate, that isn't a Gordini Clio.

This is the interior of the Gordini editions;

IMG_0466.JPG

No idea why its cheap, its a bog standard 200 with no desirable extras and horrendous stripes. You're better spending 7k on one and getting one with speedlines and recaros i'd say.

Attachments

• IMG_0466.JPG
    IMG_0466.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 80
  RS Clio 182
Someone has put the black stripes on it mate, that isn't a Gordini Clio.

This is the interior of the Gordini editions;

View attachment 184313

No idea why its cheap, its a bog standard 200 with no desirable extras and horrendous stripes. You're better spending 7k on one and getting one with speedlines and recaros i'd say.

Yeah,it doesnt have the interior does it and all 200's had the angled front bit. Only 7 blue pan roof ones were made according to the heritage page. I hate stripes so its a no no from me.

Looking at this one - any thoughts?

http://beautomotive.net/vehicle/name/renault-clio-2-0-16v-renaultsport-200-6-months-warranty/

RS Clio 182

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I just don't think air con is absolutely necessary in this country for it to be a deciding factor over the car you buy, but thats just me!

I'm not keen on the Gordini editions one mate, they just look very tacky IMO

RS Clio 182
Although its 'just' a standard 200, it's cheap enough, has optional full leather interior, and everything can be done relatively cheaply to improve it (springs, wheels, remove stripes etc)

How would you go about removing the stripes? Does it not leave marks?

2014 Clio 200t edc
How would you go about removing the stripes? Does it not leave marks?
Someone far more qualified will answer properly but removing them and polishing the area should be fine and get rid of any marks. They look aftermarket and not from the factory so might not have been on for as long as the car has been around, and in this country I doubt the paint would fade 'that' much around them.

Renault Clio MK3
Even cheaper than I thought then. Might look at getting a 197 if they're that price.
Not really that much more than a decent 182