ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low pressure PAS pipe size

HSH

ClioSport Club Member
Want to find the internal diameter of the low pressure rubber line.

Will be hooking the low press side to a cooler, then back to the reservoir.

I can tell you that the reservoir suits -8 aeroquip push on hose, dont know about the oem hose. Have you thought about making a full custom line for the return? Pretty simple and not expensive to do.

HSH

ClioSport Club Member
I have thought about this, however unsure on the dimensions of the union at the rack end.

I’ve considered using pirtek to make a metal line crimped to rubber hose (with the rubber end a flying lead, allowing me to cut based on application). Then route the hose from the cooler to the res.

This is for the return, I wrapped the line in some fire sleeve as well although Ive forgotten what size I used.

HSH

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the links, I’ll get this ordered. Can route around the engine, rather than past the manifold. Did you install a cooler or was this to replace your stock line?
I’ve read access to the union on the rack is tricky?

I’ve replaced the pump once and it occasionally sounded like a straight cut box at Cadwell. Hence looking at a cooler setup

No problem. Just to replace the stock lines, I have quick disconnects as well so I could plumb in a cooler down the line without any fuss.

Yes its tight, I removed the subframe to do mine, as Ive had my subframe down before I know the bolts aren't seised and everything comes off quickly.

Did you replace the pump with a refurbished unit? I have just replaced mine and wondering if the steering is a little lighter than before, its been a while since I last drove it with hpas though.

HSH

ClioSport Club Member
Yes I replaced my pump with a refurb unit. It felt slightly lighter, although the variation could be due to another variable, such as tyre pressure.

I am sceptical of these ‘refurbished’ pumps though.

Yes I replaced my pump with a refurb unit. It felt slightly lighter, although the variation could be due to another variable, such as tyre pressure.

I am sceptical of these ‘refurbished’ pumps though.
Ive just started to get a bad knock from mine. Thought it was engine at first but when I turn the wheel it goes away.