ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pas fluid leak

Brian J

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
My 182 has developed a massive pas leak. The rack is dry, the low pressure lines are dry and what I can see of the high pressure line is dry, but it has emptied the reservoir and put a huge puddle on the drive, and the gearbox is literally dripping in pas fluid.

any suggestions of the best place to start looking?

if it is the pas line is it best to get it repaired, buy one of the braided replacement kits, or is it still available from Renault?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Mine pissed all it's fluid out the pressure sensor. See if there's any wetness on it.

Dead easy fix if that's it.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
You’ll have to clean it up best you can and refill to see where it’s coming from.

One of the seals on my rack shat itself about 4 years ago and both lines were fine.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
If the gearbox is soaked it's probably the high pressure line. There's one that literally runs up and over the gearbox (under the battery / airbox) to the rack.

Mine blew there on a trackday - pricey for a genuine replacement

Brian J

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
If the gearbox is soaked it's probably the high pressure line. There's one that literally runs up and over the gearbox (under the battery / airbox) to the rack.

Mine blew there on a trackday - pricey for a genuine replacement
Thanks. My best guess is that it has gone where it attaches at the front of the gearbox. Did you manage to get a genuine replacement?
I’m debating cutting it in the middle of the hardline above the gearbox, getting the break around the bracket welded up and rejoining it with a suitable compression fitting. 😁

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Thanks. My best guess is that it has gone where it attaches at the front of the gearbox. Did you manage to get a genuine replacement?
I’m debating cutting it in the middle of the hardline above the gearbox, getting the break around the bracket welded up and rejoining it with a suitable compression fitting. 😁

It was a few years ago but yes I got a genuine pipe, think it was nearly £300 though.

Brian J

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I took the air box out, broke out the brake cleaner, filled up the reservoir and found the leak.

it’s really p’ing out of the rack bellows on the passenger side where the track rod pokes through. I assume that means the rack itself is toast?

are they even available? Any good recon brands?
this might have just punted it to being a garage job.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You can have the rack rebuilt, but obviously that means removing it and sending it off.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I took the air box out, broke out the brake cleaner, filled up the reservoir and found the leak.

it’s really p’ing out of the rack bellows on the passenger side where the track rod pokes through. I assume that means the rack itself is toast?

are they even available? Any good recon brands?
this might have just punted it to being a garage job.

Gutted, that’s what happened to mine.

I ended up getting the garage to source a decent second hand one as there were no new ones in stock at the time. Ideally I’d be looking at getting yours rebuilt or finding a new one though.