ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low rev hesitation - advice please?

clio 182 cup suspens
I have a 2004 clio 182 FF cup suspension. It's just hit 48k and is due to have its 48k service in a week or so, will include spark plugs too. The centre of the exhaust is just blowing and I'll have my skorpion exhaust fitted at the same time.

The last week or so the car has developed a mostly low rev hesitation. If I'm pootling along about 2k revs or so and press the accelerator a bit harder, theres a momentary skip (hesitation) or two before then it pulls normally. The car feels fine at higher revs, silky acceleration there as normal.

I was wondering if this is a common problem? Or could it be related to the exhaust? Also is it recommended to put nitrox or a similar fuel addititve into a 182 or is that a bad idea?

Any advice or similar experiences welcomed.

Cheers :)

Ly Megane 230 F1
my car had this same problem the other day when i had no choice but to put in £5 of 95 ron fuel..(they had ran out of super unleaded)..ive since filled the car up with 99ron and the hesitation is gone :).

and additives do nothing for your engine.

clio 182 cup suspens
Hi chaps, I've used 95 RON fuel for 14 Months and the cars run sweet as a nut. Just in case I've put a few tankfuls of 99 RON stuff in,hesitiation is there the same . See if the service, new spark plugs and new fuel filter help next week, cheers guys :)

clio 182 cup suspens
Just to let you know, the car was serviced today and the mechanic changed the spark plugs, putting in genuine ones as fitted by renault. The ones he pulled out were cheap ones that appeared to be degrading. No hesitation now, so if anyone gets the same symptoms, might be worth checking the numpty who owned the car before put the right plugs in!

Cheers,

Cal