ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Low static or non static QD?

No more clio's for me!
Any suggestions for a non static or very low static QD spray? I'm currently using megs quik detailer, which in all fairness is very good. But i have noticed that it produces quite a lot of static on the surface of the car when wiped down etc. Whats the best stuff to use?

Ta muchly :D

106 GTi
The Chemical Guys Extreme Synthetic Quick Detailer works well, hardly anything stuck to mine on the way to the FCS.

No more clio's for me!
Nice one Rich, i'll be procuring some of that then. :approve:

Mines like a dust magnet at the moment :(

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Wax attracts dust like s**t to a blanket , thats the nature of the stuff . If anybody can find a product that will actually make it non static i'd love to hear about it . Even the chemical guys doesn't stop dust 100% . I washed / waxed / chemical guys qd on Friday , now its covered in a fine layer of dust again .

No more clio's for me!
Yeah know what ya mean. Wiped mine down on Sunday and i could feel the hairs on my arms attracted to the bodywork.

106 GTi
You wont stop it 100% esp. not on black, but there is a noticeable difference with the QD.

Black 172 MK2
nice, well i know what im buying when i get paid :D so do you guys wax then use QD to finish spot marks etc off?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
This ones aimed at David ( R9DCG) , Alan and Rich . The wax obviously holds a positive charge causing it to attract dust . Do you find that different microfibre cloths cause more static than others when removing the wax , or are they all the same ?

Good question mate ,some of the cheaper mf out there definetley mate ,but there is nothing to stop you using a small amount of qd on your buffing towel to assist in removing the wax and this will certainly help with the issue of dusting
The quality of the mf is very important in my opinion,the plusher the better

ST
R9DCG said:
Good question mate ,some of the cheaper mf out there definetley mate ,but there is nothing to stop you using a small amount of qd on your buffing towel to assist in removing the wax and this will certainly help with the issue of dusting

Couldn't have put it better myself...:sleepy:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
R9DCG said:

Cheers David .

I'll give that a go next time with the qd on the towel :)

106 GTi
I only ever use Pakshalk Ultra Plushes when QDing so not sure what effect the towels have.

Thers no point in using a 99p towel with a £30 pot of wax ,i prefer the ultra plush towels,the plushest i have came across so far