ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lower gearbox mount bolt broken, does it matter?

Got an OEM mount from k-tec, looks a bit different than the oem, 17 mm nuts instead of 16, thinner threads.
Overtightend the buttom nut that connects the mount to the chassis, the whole thread broke. Didn't go mad at all though , it is easy to snap. :(
Now the reason I replaced the mounts was a weird vibration noise when driving at less than 1k rpm and a loud bang noise when braking hard in any gear like something is breaking. All the other mounts are new OEM mounts. These symptoms didn't change after the replacement, leading me to think maybe the mount is slipping under heavy braking because nothing holds it except the weight of the engine.
So does it matter ? Or the engine and gearbox weight enough to hold it ?

I need to order one from ebay, none available in my country, it's going to cost a ton for shipping and take a month to ship.
Can anyone confirm it can move and have a bad effect from experience , or deep understanding of what this mount affects in the car?

I believe my worn dogbone used to give 100 times worse excessive movement , the gearstick moved 2-3 cm, now it's rock solid. But I do get noisy vibrations at certain rpm's so I guess this is the cause. :(
I hope ktec will be kind enough to send me a new one with no charge, it's only 20gbp from them. They sent me the oem engine mount and I paid for the uprated one, 90gpb, +55% local tax in my country, 50gbp shipping via TNT , and another 75gbp for TNT to release the package from customs ... So I hope they are going to send me the uparted one and include this without payment. So far I'm waiting for a reply 3 days ... After paying so much for fast shipping .