ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lower inlets

clio 172 corsa turbo300hp
hey guys i broke my 53 plate 172 couple off months back but it had rs lower inlet on it so does that mean its the same as a 182 cup inlet so in other words if i want to match my inlets can i sent the 172 ones off and have them mached and will i have the same power output if i had the 182 inlets done thanks thomas

Bit confused on what your saying but the lower inlet is all the same on the 172/182, however the top inlet is different on the 182 compared to the 172

i have a lower inlet of my old 172 witch has rs stanmped on it so if i send that off to be matched will it be the same power gains if i done it with the 182 lower inlet only reason asking is so i dont have to be off the road when waiting for it

The power gains will be the same, you dont get many bhp from rs stamped inlets anyway 3bhp max, plus its always good practice to match the top and lower inlet, however the lower inlet gives the gains not the top inlet

Golf GTD Mk7
RS stamped ones are suppoed to be better forged than the original none stamped ones, so gains afterward on an RS one will be less. I was going to say less noticable, but you'll not feel any difference really.

yes they will fit tom, its the same engine

i know they the same engine lol but what im trying to say if i have the 172 rs inlet matched will it be the same power gains if i done it to a set of 182 inlets if so i will send off the spare set of 172 1ns in my garage

i know they the same engine lol but what im trying to say if i have the 172 rs inlet matched will it be the same power gains if i done it to a set of 182 inlets if so i will send off the spare set of 172 1ns in my garage

Same power gain, basically s**t gains, and ONLY the lower inlet is the same on the 172\182, your 172 top inlet will NOT fit a 182 (well not fit properly anyway)

BG182ff,explod Focus
Hi Tom, It seems people are a little confused with your question and think you have the upper inlet off of a phase one 172 which has a cable operated throttle.

Your old '53 plate 172 would have been the mark 2-phase 2 with DBW throttle body so will be the same upper and lower inlet manifolds as the ones for the 182.
As the lower inlet already has RS stamped on it then the chances are it is off a 182 anyway.

From what I understand, it is the earlier lower inlets that gain most from porting and matching. The latter RS stamped ones were better made so only need matching.

Once the inlets are matched then it won't matter whether they were off your old 172 or your new 182, they will give the same small but nether the less worthwhile gains.

Hope that helps clear things up.

Hi Tom, It seems people are a little confused with your question and think you have the upper inlet off of a phase one 172 which has a cable operated throttle.

Your old '53 plate 172 would have been the mark 2-phase 2 with DBW throttle body so will be the same upper and lower inlet manifolds as the ones for the 182.
As the lower inlet already has RS stamped on it then the chances are it is off a 182 anyway.

From what I understand, it is the earlier lower inlets that gain most from porting and matching. The latter RS stamped ones were better made so only need matching.

Once the inlets are matched then it won't matter whether they were off your old 172 or your new 182, they will give the same small but nether the less worthwhile gains.

Hope that helps clear things up.

Wrong! The top inlet is different on a 182, only the bottom is the same