ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered torsion bar myself !! woohoo

got springs 4 ma clio and decided id put them in and have a go at the torsion bar.

it was like a peace of piss once one side was done.

(thanks 2 weights guide like! top job man!)

any1 thats half mechanicly minded could do this if uve gt the right tools!

cheers!

STICKER TWONK

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf GTi DSG

Ai, did mine myself an all but lowered it too much on the back first attempt, put it up a bit day after cos it was riding on bump stops. Tis really easy tho, took me an hour to raise her back up, still around 90mm on back though.

sorry never took any pics of it.

bt any pics i would take wouldnt show anything that weights guide doesnt.

not sure what you mean pro1 once you get the torsion bar out jack up the rear arm till ur roughly how much u want 2 lower it then try 2 get torsion bar back in. worked 4 me! lol

yes u need compressors, even lowered springs are still under incredible pressure when sat in the strut without the cars weight even being on them.

Just wondering how you do this?????? Any help would be good as been quoted silly amounts off the two garages that will do this in my area!!

Yes you need spring compressors for the front, and go careful cos it can go horribly wrong.... basic common sense like dont hold it with the top of the shock pointing at your head or nuts while the springs are under compression!!

the guide shows it really well, its not hard, best advice is to measure the car before you start and take a pic... cos you could end up like me and have no idea how much lower your car is then when you started.

yeah that was me :) lol

small world. still got the old banger of 306. sold the wheels tho!

waitin 4 a VIC check for the clio b4 it can be roaded :(

wont be long now!!!!!!