ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowered Valver

Willy2

I just got my valver lowered at Rtec, I had lowering springs on the front already and have just had the torsion bar lowered to match. The thing is it seems too low almost like at an angle almost, but the rear arch covering some back wheel looks mental. I will take some pics and see what you peeps think? Has anyone had similar probs? I heard that the torsion bar has to be lowered in stages, is this true?

Had mine done!! Its lower at the back and thats one click!

35mm drop at front.. Never heard of tortion bar having to be dropped in stages???

Willy2

Pete

Have you got an email address, as my digicam battery ran out, so i have taken pics on my camera phone. I have been driving all day and there is a bit of rubbing over bumpy roads, and speedhumps have to be negiotiated at very slow speeds. I can email the pics.but they are not great.

PS I JUST WANNA SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO MARCUS AKA 16V CLIO AS I WAS LOST AND HE GAVE ME DIRECTIONS OVER THE PHONE. CHEERS DUDE!

Willy2

Well, yesterday I went back to RTEC in St ALbans and allmost had fisty cuffs over this. I rang up before hand and told them the problem, they were like well it will cost you another £94 to raise it up. So I was fuming and I went up there with my best mate who has a standard ride height Valver. I went and saw the boss he agreed that it was a bit too low. After waiting I got it raised up 15mm which is alot better and i can see out of the rear view mirror again - And to be fair to RTEC we came to a compromise and i paid £40, which is a good compromise. My arguement could be that if i was unhappy at the time of intial lowering would i have been charged a raising fee?

Anyway its done now and looks good, just gonna look at the exhaust rubbers as the exhaust is hitting the rear axle might have to improvise cause the noise is driving me potty!

Thanks for the help guys, hopefully this is the end of it.

And thanks to RTEC as they did compromise!